Vegan products challenge - part 2

11:33:00 PM

I continued trying vegan products and I thought that I will write about them as well. At the moment I am not trying something every day anymore, but if something catches my eye, I will test it. Like I really want to try this one vegan minced meat roll from this one store soon.

Firstly I had some vegan pizza that was with sundried tomatoes, pesto and paprica. The price was quite expensive, considering the size (3.99 €), but the taste was really good. At first the cheese seemed a bit weird, but I got used to it and all in all it tasted like normal, non vegan pizza. I really liked it and if it was on sale, I would definitely get it again. There are some more vegan pizzas in the stores that I would like to try at some point. And of course I want to order a takeaway from this one place I have been raving about. But for this vegan pizza, I would give it 8/10.

What is weird is that I can have a takeaway pizza without feeling too bad, but it is difficult to have a frozen pizza. Maybe because the packaging brings out calories right away? I don't know. I understand that pizzas from restaurants are bigger and have more calories, but they are... okay. :D My brain is weird.
Next, I tried this Oatly vegan spread with cucumber and garlic. My friend recommended me this and as I was baking bread at home, it was a perfect combination. It really was! It was super good. I tried it just plain, with a spoon, and it was absolutely delicious. No difference to regular cream cheese. Nice and salty! We also discussed that it would be good to use in pasta to make it more creamy, or when making sushi. I mean those California rolls and stuff always have cream cheese in them, this would be a good substitution. This is my favourite new thing I have tried for sure. And I really mean it when I give it 10/10. I should also try other flavours.
Then the next tring I tried was Alpro mango dessert, which was a-ma-zing! My favourite vegan blogger Anett also recommended this. I think it is on the same level with blueberry one. It was nice and sweet and you couldn't taste any soy in it. It was good size and perfect for a snack. I would definitely have it again! For rating, I would give it... 8/10, but only because actually I am not a huge yoghurt fan. I can have it, but I am not someone who would have yoghurt with toppings for breakfast or something. :D It is just an okay snack. But I need to say again that it was very good!

I also tried Breyers vegan chocolate-hazlenut ice cream. And I loved it! It wasn't too sweet, it was perfect. It seemed as if it was made with dark chocolate. And I couldn't tell the difference if it was normal or vegan, it was nice and creamy. The only downside was the prize, which was 4.99 €, but sometimes you gotta spend some money on yourself. I would like to try some more vegan ice creams. For example I had Oatly one in Flow Festival in Helsinki a few years ago and it was amazing. And there is Alpro ice cream that sounds fantastic as well. Need to write it down and do it. But for this Breyers one, I would give 8/10. One point is reduced due to the price.
Aaand lastly I tried this Alpro dessert with muesli. And I really loved it. The muesli was amazing! Also this is still one of my fear foods, so it was perfect to try it. You could taste soy a bit, but it wasn't bothering me. What I didn't like was the fact it had a spoon with it, too much plastic. :/ I would like to reduce my plastic, because there is so much of it everywhere. But for this product I would give 8/10 again, but I liked it and I would get it again if it had less plastic. But yeah, I would pick it as a snack, easily.


I still had another vegan thing yesterday, which people in Facebook vegan group recommended. Oat burgers! I have looked at them in the stores many times, but I still hadn't tried it. Now was the time. And I am so happy I tried it! I always thought that they would be try and thick? But no, they were really soft. They kind of reminded me of chicken nuggets (even though I haven't had chicken nuggets for like, 10 years at least :D). But anyway, I liked them. And they were so cute, shaped like hearts!! For the raiting I would give it 8.5/10. Or nine. Yep, 9/10, they are worth it!


In my alphabet challenge, I set myself a small goal, which was adding something extra to my porridge. Like peanut butter, chai spice, cocoa etc. I did it for 2 days, but then it was left at that. On one day I added peanut butter powder and on another day I added cocoa. So I want to keep doing that. It adds an extra flavour and makes my breakfast more interesting. But I am glad I at least managed to do this for 2 times, that's a start.

Another small win was that I went to a store to get some bananas for my porrige and I didn't pick the smallest ones, I picked the biggest ones. I haven't done it for a long time. I always think that I will pick average, which becomes small and smaller... but why? Bananas are the best in porridges. :D

Then on Monday I completed another challenge - I went to see a movie at a friend's place and we got Hesburger (kind of like McDonalds). And this halloumi cheese burger was sooo good! The sauce, and the cheese... mmmmm. And fries too. And the best part - I didn't feel guilty after having it! This hasn't happened before. Usually I get guilt even when having a small sanck. So that was a good change. I just enjoyed being, my focus was not on food. Like... how is this even possible? :D I am so glad my friend was up to do this. And on the previous day she told me that I don't need to have all the food at once and that we have a whole movie and so on. I am just so so happy.

Next time I may even be brave enough to have a veggie burger. I kind of want to become 100% vegan to be honest. I feel like I want to take this step. :)
Monday was really tough for me emotionally, so this evening made me feel a lot better. :)

With my friend, who I had this agreement with, I have talked almost every day. Usually he calls me and asks how I am doing with eating. :D Our agreement is in full force and I am taking active steps towards completing it. At the moment I am in a right path. On one evening I made pasta! And it waas first normal pasta in god knows how long. Usually, as I have written here, I pick buckwheat pasta or lentil pasta or something, but not this time. Yes, I picked whole wheat pasta, but it is still regular pasta! And it was good. Which was also surprising, was that again, I didn't feel guilty. This discovery was so... freeing. :D

Vegan pasta with zucchini, mushrooms, garlic, tomato sauce and spinach, added a side of pickles as well and to be even more Italian, also some wine. :D
And now some smaller goals as well for the next week.

1. I add something extra to my porridge (cocoa, chai spice, peanut butter, jam etc). And this time I will do it every single day.
2. I will try at least one new vegan product in a week.
3. I will have something savoury as a snack. My snacks are always sweet, but I would like to challenge myself and change it up. Like have a pastry or something.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe