Review: Cafe St. Maria

11:32:00 PM

I could start this post in hundred different wats and complain about thousand different things. I could write about how weekend was really difficult for me and how I am feeling tortured and can't get over things. I could write about how I am doing and what I am thinking about. But weirdly enough for the first time I feel like I want to keep this to myself and I don't want to share it. I don't want to explain how my Saturday night went badly and how awful I am still feeling and how much guilt I have.

Today morning my weight was so big. I haven't seen this number in at least 5 years. This also showed weight gain of two kilos, which I know makes no sense, but made me really upset. But I still started (yes, I already started) this week's challenge. So on Friday I can tell you how it went.

But today I wanted to write about this cafe? Restaurant? called St. Maria, which used to have a different name.

I went there on Sunday with a friend to have lunch (it is still difficult to have lunch out) and it was a good experience. It was raining and we were walking, but this was on the way. And at first we only wanted to have coffee (which would have been okay), but we also decided to have some food.

Atmosphere

It was a quite small place, but it had ebough room. There were several people there at this time, a few bigger tables and then some others. I really liked how the room was used and they had those high tables on the sides of the rooms - perfect for two people.

The interior was dark and pretty. Dishes were mostly black (also, I finally picked up my parcels and got my black dishes!) and looked very stylish. Also the place was quite cozy, there were candles on the tables and it had some fairy lights. Anyway, really nice, adorable and quiet. You could look outside into the rain. Perfect place.

Also the waitress was really sweet, she asked if we had been there earlier and gettin no as an answer, she explained us the menu, brought out what is popular and so on.

Service

As I mentioned, the girl who was working, was really sweet and it seemed like she actually wanted to be there. It is always a plus - I am not in the mood to have food if a waitress or waiter acts as if I am just a troll wasting their time.

But yeah, she gave us good advice and explained everything. In addition to food I also had a coffee with coconut milk and it was really good and was delivered fast. Also, it was really nice that we didn't have to wait too long with ordering - everything was really perfect. :D

Food

I picked Padthai, which I had seen recommended in Estonian vegan group on Facebook soooooo many times. Even when the restaurant had another name, I already wanted to try it. Now finally I did.

I have never had it before, except for on time when I made it at home. It was a bit upsetting that it had peanuts there, but the taste combo was good and they fit perfectly.

My friend had green curry ramen and I tried it and it was really good as well. Nice and spicy. At first we both wanted kimchi ramen, but they had ran out of it. But well, it means we need to go back next time. :D I managed to go to Commune Cafe for the second time, maybe I can go there as well.

Also there are still sooooo many places I want to visit. Like Vegan V! This is highly recommended and I would like to support them, it is first of like... really popular and known vegan places in Tallinn. But I want to visit so many other places as well, it is really difficult to decide. :D

Anyway yeah, this having lunch thing went pretty well. I managed. Later I felt a bit awful, but the thought that I had food with someone else helped. It was normalllll and it is okayyyyy. I managed and that is enough.

Today is one of the most difficult days in general. And it is not helping that it is Monday. I don't like Mondays. Or Tuesdays. Or like in general I don't like the working week. My day is a bit better thanks to writing this post, it is my-time.

Last week I was really busy. There were so many things to do and there were no days when I went home after work. Today shoulf be one of those days and I actually feel really relieved finally. I feel like I was at the end of my nerves. It was especially bad on Saturday - I felt soooo worn out.

But yeah, I am trying to do my challenge this week and let's see, maybe I can manage and continue with the desserts. Even though I feel like I don't want to do anything and please just leave me alone. I just want to complain and cry, but at the same time I don't as well. Weird.

But... next week during the same time I have my own flat! And soon I can show everything I have bought! Yesterday I went and picked up the parcels. Soooo exciting. I showed everything to my sister already. :D Anyway yes, starting from 29th of November at 4 you can congratulate me. :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe