Sweets challenge (taste test) - part 1

2:35:00 AM

We have to eat a lot of sweet things at the hospital. Most of the snacks are sweet and there are always desserts with main meals. For example the first snack has to bee chocolate or something similar.

As I have not allowed myself to have sweets for god knows how long, I decided to write a little review about all the stuff that I am trying here. Just to make this thing more normal for myself and to assure myself that things are not always perfect, not always 10/10. I have this issue where if things are not as good as I hoped, I feel as if I am wasting calories.

I try to grade the things from 1 to 10, as I have done with the teas for my 100 tea challenge. I feel like nothing will be under 5 or 6 points though, I am very gentle. I wonder if something will ever be 10. We shall see if there even is something that is completely perfect.

Also if there is anything I should try, please let me know. Always looking for ideas.

Geisha
Geisha chocolate is one of the chocolates that I got myself before I was admitted to the hospital. It is nice and creamy and sweet and perfect for a morning snack. We have to have 6 pieces of milk chocolate and 8 if it is dark chocolate. Also I really love dipping this into my tea (I know it may sound disgusting but I like it. :D). I hadn't had this for a long time so it was nice to finally let myself have it. 8/10.
Knoppers
Since the time I had Hanuta in Germany, I have wanted something like it. We have this Knoppers, which is similar, but which I also have not let myself have. My friend surprised me with a lot of sweets, so I really enjoyed this one. It was a bit triggering that I needed to have something else with it, because it was too small in their opinion. Anyway this was awesome, not too sweet, chocolate and milk cream waffle. Highly recommend. 7/10.

Magnum
Having ice creams has been really tough for me, because they are higher in calories. Snack has to be around 200, but if you look up Magnum calories, it is a lot more. My mum came to visit me and she bought me this and some other ice creams that I have been trying to eat. Magnum was nice and classic, also something I hadn't had for at least a year because of my fear. I remember having it with my mum and sister, but from then onwards, my eating  disorder forbid me from having it. But it was good. At least it was not disappointing. 7/10.

Marmiton
These oatmeal cookies were sent by my friend. I took a few of them in addition to Knoppers waffer, when I was forced to. Maybe a bit too sugary; I would prefer something with more oats. I know they would be just as calorific, but this is just what I would prefer. These are not bad though and I keep them in the cupboard in case I sometimes have to have something extra. 6/10.

Mesikäpa šokolaad
New chocolate by Mesikäpp, dark chocolate with crunchy caramel pieces. From some moment I started to like dark chocolate a lot and I have always loved caramel. This is also one of the chocolates I took with me to the hospital. I had looked at it in the stores so many times but I never let myself have it. I am glad I decided to try it. Caramel pieces are not too big, they make perfect addition to dark chocolate. 7/10.

Milka 2
Milka chocolate with Daim. Wll here you have huge crunchy chuncks of caramel. This is good, Daim used to be my favourite snack at school. Oh, good old times. Milka is also very classic here in Estonia. Nothing too special, but still really good. I have almost had the whole bar by now. 7/10.
Milka 3
Milka chocolate with Oreo filling. I have been telling myself for a long time that I don't like Oreo cookies and that they are completely overrated. So imagine my surprise when I tried this and discovered they are actually amazing. Again a big thank you to my friend who sent me this. I promise to have the whole of it and enjoy it to the max. 8/10.
Milka
Milka chocolate with caramel and peanuts. Amazing. Caramel and peanuts go together so well. I like that it has whole nuts in it, I love the crunch. Caramel is gooey and nice too. 8/10.

Premia
This is my mum's favourite ice cream and she got it for me. I didn't love it as much. So here is the thing where I am like... it was a waste of calories as it was not perfect. But had I not tried it, I wouldn't know if I like it. Maybe it would have been better if the raspberry-pomegranate jam was inside it, not between two layers of chocolate. 6/10.
Tupla
Tupla has definitely been my most favourite chocolate. And I used to have several packs of it in a day! So when I went to the store before coming to the hospital, I stocked up in it. And it was exactly as good as I rememebered. 9/10.
Väike Tom
Ice cream with coconut filling. I had been wanting to try this for AGES, but I hadn't dared. Now going shopping with mum, I took two. As someone told me, it tastes like Bounty chocolate, but in addition it is ice cream. So perfect. I love stuff with coconut. 9/10.

Toorpuder 1
There are new overnight oats in stores now, I have tried 2 flavours. This was with blueberries and chia seeds. Me, as an oatmeal fan, I felt that there weren't enough oats. Taste was nice, but I don't think I will have it again. It was still nice to try it though. 6/10.
Toorpuder 2
Another overnight oats, with coconut and chia seeds and this was perfect for me. Coconut! It added a lot. I have it more as a dessert than something to have instead of real porridge. It was good. 7/10. I want to try the third one, with banana, as well. I guess the coconut one would still be my favourite though.

Kinder Bueno
Kinder Country chocolate. This had a nice crunchy filling. Again another thing I had not tried but have to approve. Fun fact, a lot of people here have Kinder chocolates. I have something else to try from this company, still. 7/10.
Kinder
Biscuite cake Kinder Milk Slice. I think I am glad I tried it, but I wouldn't have it again. The most dissapointing out of Kinder things.  But of course not awful. I just think about this perfection thing again...  was it necessary to have, it was not perfect? 5/10.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe