24 hours and 3 oatmeals

11:08:00 PM

I had an opportunity to spend some time home alone (my sister went to my parents') and thus I decided to do another challenge to blog about.

I am still obsessed with porridge, especially with the sweet kind and for breakfast. For this challenge I decided to try eating it for 3 times per day, and make savoury porridge for lunch.

I of course used my favourite brand oat's, Veski Mati's.

Breakfast

For breakfast I of course picked sweet oatmeal. I made it with banana and milk and added some frozen mango. Also topped it with nuts-seeds-raisins-goji berries, for it to be more filling. Also added some vanilla flavoured drops. Mmmm.

Processed with VSCO with g3 preset

At the moment I feel like I could eat this exact thing for 3 times. :D

Lunch

About this, I was the most doubtful and it took me a long time to make a decision about what to have. Finally I decided to have salty oatmeal with mushrooms and onion! I googled a lot of recipes, and discovered that a lot of people make it with mushrooms and cheese, it sounded good. Firstly I thought of making it with sun dried tomatoes, but as you all know, mushrooms are my recent obsession.

Processed with VSCO with c1 preset

It wasn't actually disgusting, but it also is something I would not like to try again. :D During every bite I expected sweet taste, but it was savoury, really strange. :D Oatmeal texture bothered me a bit and during having it I thought that I could have had buckwheat porridge or rice porridge as savoury option. :D But well, for this challenge, it was all about oatmeal. And now I have the answer to this question - do I like savoury oatmeal.

Has anyone ever had it ? With what? :D Give me ideas (even though I will probablt never become a fan of savoury porridge....)

Dinner

Dinner had to be sweet, because well, I am a fan. I decided to make it into a dessert and added oatmeal, banana, milk, cocoa powder and frozen raspberries. I actually stole this idea from my friend, who made something similar and I couldn't stop thinking about it. :D Finally tried it now.

Processed with VSCO with a6 preset

It was so nice. :D And the thought that I get to have more porridge the next day, was also good. :D

Snacks

I have to have snacks currently so it meant I needed to have something besides 3 big meals. I thought for a while if I should stuck with the oatmeal theme, or make another decision and have something else. At first I decided for something else, as I didn't feel like baking (I briefly thought about making oat muffins), but I managed to in the end still stuck with the theme. :D

For example for my first snack I had oatmeal cookies. Store bought, but I just love them. :D

For the next snack I had mug cake with oats, using this recipe. This is with peanut butter and oats. I did not add cinnamon because at first I was thinking of using it for my last snack, to have all the different things, you know.

But for my last snack I had some pomelo. They are really good currently and to be completely honest... I was maybe over oats a little at this point. :D For the day at least, the next day was new beginning and all that. :D

What did I discover? I felt full for longer than I usually do. Regularly I do get hungry sometimes or at least feel like eating, which did not happen this time. So this was good I think.

Of course what else was good was that this day was rather cheap. Oats are cheap and most of the things I added were not expensive as well (and I like keep frozen fruit in my fridge all the time, you can have a lot of cocoa for one container ets).

I have been thinking of making a similar challenge soon. How about 24 hours of rice? Bread? Something else?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe