What I bought from Japan

1:49:00 AM

I actually bought way less than I thought I would. I kind of regret it, but at the same time there are more reasons to go back like this. I will try to somehow explain what I got and show you some things.

  1. Food items
IMG_20200305_103047
  • Tea
We went to a tea store that was super cool and had an amazing selection. We basically spent an hour there just smelling teas. :D It was too good!

IMG_20200305_173733

I got myself cookie tea that I also mentioned in a previous post - this really tastes like a cookie. My mind is really confused when drinking it, it expects something solid. I don't understand how this is possible.

I also got blueberry tea that just smells amazing. This decision was really tough to make and I think I changed my mind hundreds of times. :D My friend got some melon tea, which smelled exactly like melon soda, which was amazing. She also got a peach one that we had already tried.

For my dad I got some Japanese green tea, as he really wanted some.

IMG_20200305_103258

Then I also got some limited edition Lipton sakura tea, which I haven't yet tried, but I couldn't just leave it in the store. :D I also got some for my relative, but I haven't seen her and given it to her yet.
  • Plum wine
I was really hoping it would arrive well in my suitcase, and surprisingly, it did. :D It was really sweet and nice, it only had 5 % of alcohol, which means it was more like a sider. The taste was really good, you could understand it was plum.

IMG_20200312_090455
  • Snacks
I knew already that I wanted to get a lot of sweets, for example different flavours of KitKat, as they are really popular in Japan. So I decided on yuzu and matcha KitKat, almond and cranberry one, wasabi one and strawberry daifuku one. My favourite has to be yuzu and matcha one - meaning Japanese citrus and green tea one. I am not a huge fan of matcha, but this combination is perfect. At the same time I really love wasabi KitKat, which I now have at home! :D

I also got some sweet potato snacks - they look like small sweet potatoes and taste, well, sweet. :D I wanted the ones in cinnamon coating that I had, but we couldn't find those.

I also got some daifuku sweets, which are kind of like... rice cakes, really soft. They have different fillings inside - for example green tea, red bean paste and so on. Even my mum liked those, which was a surprise.

I also got some simple chocolates and pockys, which are kind of like... cookie sticks? With green tea. And some other stuff to share with friends and relatives.
  • Foodmaking things
As soon as I got back from Japan, we made ddukbokki with my sister, which are those Korean rice cakes with spicy sauce. And they are really good. I wish I had gotten more of them... maybe I indeed ask for a friend to send me some. :D

Of course I also bought some Japanese curry, as it is completely different thing. I promise that as soon as I will finally make it, I will show it here as well.

I also got several packs of furikake, which is kind of like... seasoning? It usually consists of sesame seeds, seaweed, wasabi or some other seasonings and you usually have it on rice. It adds to just regular rice and I really like it!

I also got some other seasoning, 7-spice one, which was always on the table at the restaurants. I brought this to my mum as well as she said she would like some seasonings from Japan.

2. Souvenirs

For souvenirs I got some small things to give away to my friends and family. I got myself a keychain that looks like real sushi and also a fridge magnet with Fuji mountain on it.

IMG_20200305_103346

I also got some small towels to give to friends with small kids, also got some socks for myself, a container for lunch and small hand creams which are again spring limited edition. Smells like sakura aka cherry.

IMG_20200319_094738

3. Skincare

In addition to hand cream that I mentioned previously, I also got a face wash, that just kept coming on my way. I guess it was a sign I need to get it. :D

IMG_20200305_103235

I also got several face masks - I like taking some time for myself and use them from time to time. I also like that Japan does multi packs, where there are 7-10 of them and you can just keep using them every day.

IMG_20200305_103214

4. Various

I have to mention my Starbucks spring mug here! :D I have Japanese cup for coffee, from You Are Here collection. I needed a separate mug for tea. :D

IMG_20200319_094624
IMG_20200319_094609

I also got a Pokemon notebook, which I am going to use as my next bullet journal. I think it looks cute. And I am not a fan of Pokemon!

I got my mum and sister some talismans fro mthe temple, that should bring them luck. I also got my sister a shopping bag and another one for myself.

5. Clothes

I surprisingly got quite a lof of clothes for myself that would be really nice to wear. Would be, if I wasn't stuck at the home office and could actually go around outside. :D There aren't any proper pictures of those, but at least I took a photo of Adidas jumper that I managed to wear out.

IMG_20200311_082235_129
IMG_20200319_095016

I don't know, what do you usually bring back from your trips? I always run out of ideas and usually just pick some different food items to try. Right now I KNOW that I should have brought more things, but well, it is too late now. :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe