Menu at home

12:16:00 AM

IMG_20191217_185421_444

Found a book that is perfect for me. Once I read it, I will probably write a longer post about it. At the moment I have only read one page and I am already hooked. It is exactly the kind of self-help book I'd love to get for Christmas.

Sunday, 15.12.2019

Breakfast 9:00 - two slices of handmade seedy bread with butter, cheese and cucumber, coffee with milk. (I thought that I will make some porridge, but I really wanted some bread. It has not been too difficult, even though I have had much food recently. But breakfasts have always been easy for me.)

Snack 11:00 - oatmeal cookies, cup of coffee with milk. (Like, a lot of oatmeal cookies. :D I still like those and it is a good change from normal chocolate, which I have had so much recently. I gave it to my sister to try and she also liked the cookies.)

Lunch 13:30 - omelette with bell pepper and cheese, cucumber-cottage cheese salad, cup of coffee with milk. (The most difficult one of the meals, probably because I used to skip lunch. At the same time it tasted good, so I am not complaining. It is also a win that I used oil enough and could flip the omelette around, not have it disintegrate into egg scramble, which usually happens when I don't use oil.)

Snack 15:30 - three mandarins. (The really big ones, clementines? I wanted something fresh. I also had some Coca Cola, which made it Christmassy. I don't know, I just connect Coca Cola ads with Christmas.)

Dinner 19:00 - buckwheat stew with sun-dried tomatoes, carrot and bell pepper. (It came out really nice. I have mentioned that I am not a huge fan of buckwheat, but raw buckwheat grouts are different and taste better. Actually, buckwheat is okay, at least when I don't have it for breakfast.)

Snack 20:00 - strawberry ice cream in a waffle. (I think I'm obsessed with ice creams. But I am slowly starting to get over. For tomorrow I bought myself some curd cream instead.)

Monday, 16.12.2019

Breakfast 7:00 - multigrain porridge with apple jam, pumpkin pie spice, blackberries and nuts and seeds with raisins. (I have been craving for porridge again, so I made this. Later I did think that maybe I would have wanted some bread after all, but it doesn't matter. I can have it another time.)

Snack 11:00 - Corny bar with muesli and nuts. (This was good, I like that it is not too sweet. Nice and peanutbuttery.)

Lunch 13:00 - the same as yesterday's dinner. (This was as good as yesterday. It was convenient to grab it and get to work in the morning.)

Snack 15:00 - kohuke (Estonian curd cream dessert) with lemon and cloudberry. (I have been wanting to try this for ages. I really liked the glaze around it. I am feeling some guilt but trying to get over it.)

Dinner 18:45 - sweet potato "boat", cottage cheese-tomato salad, cabbage (like... fried and soft cabbage; god, there is no word for it in Estonian. It is like... sauerkraut but still different, it is sweet and not crunchy??). (I love sweet potatoes, We have made this dinner for like 4 times this week. :D Also the cabbage is Christmas food, so I'm feeling Christmassy again.)

Snack 20:00 - Ice cream with peanut and chocolate filling. (I'm telling you, all I am having is ice cream. This has become a safe food, I should have something different.)

Tuesday, 17.12.2019

Breakfast 8:00 - porridge with apple jam, cocoa, blackberries and fruit and nut mix, cup of coffee with milk. (I cannot believe this, but I feel as if I am starting to get over porridge... So strange. But the food was good, still.)

Snack 11:00 - Mars chocolate bar. (I haven't had it for at least 10 years, I didn't even remember the taste. I feel like it was too much or something... I feel like I should have had something with less calories. In addition, it was way too sweet. But again - if you don't try, you won't know if you like it or not.)

Lunch - handmade seedy bread with butter, cheese and pickles. (I don't know what, but I really love this lunch. It was super good.)

Snack 15:00 - mandarins. (Again I wanted something fresh, but I have had like 5 by now, which is too much. So much for buying them for a few days, just eating them all now. But they are tiny!)

Dinner 19:00 - oven baked homemade potato wedges, Christmas cabbage thing, cottage cheese-tomato salad. (When I bake potato wedges, I have A LOT. I think me and my sister had like a kilo of them alltogether. But we love it.)

Snack 20:00 - curd cream with apricot and orange. (Finally tried this; I have tried 2 others from the same brand. If you like orange, then you'll love it.)

Wednesday, 18.12.2019

Breakfast 7:00 - multigrain porridge with apple jam, pumpkin pie spice and blackberries, cup of coffee with milk. (I wanted something simpler and didn't add fruit and nut mix.)

Snack 11:00 - Nature Valley oat bar. (I had been looking at this in the store even before I was admitted to the hospital. This time I tried it with dark chocolate pieces and it was really good.)

Lunch 13:00 - handmade seedy bread with butter, cheese and pickles. (Sorry, I still like this mix of things and I was too lazy to make something else. :D Also - bread has been fear food for so long, so I am really excited to have it now.)

Snack 15:00 - another pile of mandarins. (I don't think I even have to comment here. Also, today at work someone offered handmade marzipan cookies and they were huge. My first reaction was to say no, but I had one. It wasn't "planned" so it was difficult mentally, but it tasted really good and I am glad I went for it.)

Dinner 19:00 - sweet potato sauce with chickpeas. (I used recipe from here spicethespirit.com and it came out really well. Coconut milk and nutritional yeast are life changing ingredients, I totally recommend! The food was super nice. I didn't add rice, because I made a lot of the stew and it was meant for 4, yet we had all. This was really good anyway and it will be one of my go-to sweet potato recipes now.)

Snack 20:00 - curd cream with apricot and orange. (I felt guilty, because I had a snack and my sister didn't. Guilt is constant, but it is not as strong as it used to be, this is just something I have noticed.)

Thursday, 19.12.2019

Breakfast 7:00 - multigrain oatmeal with apple jam and fruti and nut mix, some pumpkin pie spice. A cup of coffee with milk. (I am having the same rhyhm all the time. Actually am looking forward to having a banana with my oatmeal, but I just had to use up the jam. My weight has gone up, this is some additional stress, but I still had fruit and nut mix, which was a win.)

Snack 11:00 - Nature Valley oat bar. (This time I had maple syrup one. Yesterday's was better, but this was still good. Guilt... less than in the morning after I weighed myself, but they are still here.)

Lunch 13:00 - handmade seedy bread with butter, boiled egg and pickles. (I just thought to change it from cheese to an egg. But still mainly the same thing. What can I do - the  bread is so awesome. :D)

Snack 15:00 - apple. (Which is weird for me, is that I think I eat less at home than I did at the hospital - yet I am gaining weight. It is strange, but no, I am not complaining. Everything that keeps me away from the hospital, is a plus for me. Additionally I had some caramel waffle thing and a trufle at work. Again - out of the ordinary and made me feel guilty.)

Dinner 20:00 - carrot and cottage cheese burgers, Christmassy cabbage thing, tomato salad. (I also added some mayo, because I just felt like it. :D I was doubtful at the recipe at first, as I made it up, but they came out pretty nice. And tasted good. Would you be interested in the recipe? I am thinking about my sister being away tomorrow for dinner and I need to eat alone. Again - STRESSFUL. :'D But there isn't really a thing that doesn't make me feel stressful right now.)

Snack 20:30 - ice cream with raspberries and white chocolate glaze. (I hoped it was better, but it was a bit disappointing. At the same time, again, if I hadn't tried, I wouldn't know.)

IMG_20191218_110442_026

My new discovery and new favourite snack.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe