Vegan cheese and three vegan meals

4:12:00 AM

Before I talk about today's topic, I wanted to say that I tried a poke bowl with vegan salmon, made out of carrots and... it was a huge disappointment. It was far from "salmon", the sauce wasn't my favourite and despite taking a big bowl, I didn't really get full...

My sister and her friend ordered pizza (and were super happy about it) and the whole night I regretted not having pizza as well. :D At least me and my friend made a plan to have a pizza night to get this fix of pizza that I need.

It looked nice, but I would not have it again,

Other than that it was fun, we also tried LaMuu salted caramel ice cream and talked. This food aspect got to me really bad, because I felt like I wasted calories?! I don't know. I have a feeling that I have food addiction, I always have to snack on something, or I can't feel at peace. Today my weight... oh boy, my eyesight got all black when I checked. I will write more about it towards the end of the post...

But about vegan cheese.

I just got a huge box of vegan cheese and I thought about sharing three recipes I tried with it. :D

I won't write about them in the order I made them, because firstly I wanted to tell you about my favourite! Some time ago I bought myself a waffl maker and I have tried it a few times, but not recently. So I finally decided to make savoury waffles.


To make these, I mixed 1 dl of flour, about 3/4 dl of vegan oatmilk, a spoonful of chia seeds, half a spoon of baking powder, some sundried tomatoes and vegan cheese. I flavoured it with salt, pepper, basil and parsley.

I let it stand a little and during this time I fried some asian vegetables with some mushrooms, added salt, paprica and garlic. Then I let it sit on the frying pan while I made the waffles. Usually it comes to 4 waffles, but this time it was six, haha, but I am not complaining, as it was... AMAZING. I think it was better than sweet waffles!!!!

I topped it with sriracha-garlic sauce and vegan mayo. And honestly, I haven't had something so good in a long time. It was just perfect, I can't even explain. :D I really recommend trying making savoury waffles! I can imagine them being good with chickpea flour as well, but I still haven't bought any.

Anyway yes, niceeeeee. I am just really excited, as you can tell. :D I just finished eating and had to blog about it right away. They were also super easy to make! And it proves that you don't need to use animal products, like, at all. I even sent my mum a picture of them and she is not a fan of waffles, but she said they do look good and she would like to try them. :D She is coming to Tallinn next weekend, so maybe I will make them to her and my sister... we shall see what our plans are. I also thought about making some for my birthday? Even though I don't know, the waffles get soggy quite fast. I need to think about it more. If you have good vegan pary food ideas, let me know. Last time I made pizza, but I would like to make something different this time around. I have some ideas, but there could always be more.


Next I made oven baked pasta, which used mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and pasta. I poured some oatcream over it, to make it nice and creamy. And of course added salt and pepper plus some garlic powder, because it makes the dish. I made it all in a pot and when it was ready, I poured it into oven proof mould and shredded some cheese on top. Then let it do it's thing in the oven for 15 minutes. It didn't seem enough though, so when I served it, I added some more cheese on top. :D

Really simple, but really tasty! I used vegan Emmental cheese and it was really good. I would definitely get it again. We also tried it plain and my sister said that it tastes like normal cheese, so it was a success.

And I finally could try my oven baked pasta, but... if I am honest, I like normal pasta more. XD Like this baking in the oven didn't really add anything to it. Mayvbe it would be better with tomato based sauce? Anyway, it was nice and me and my sister watched some Brooklyn 99 after a long time, and had some cake. All in all it was a really nice evening.

Thirdly and lastly I wanted to make some mac and cheese, but it was kind of different. :D But I LOVED it.


I put some pasta and cauliflower in a pot and let it boil, seasoning it with salt. Then I poured the water out, added about 150 grams of vegan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprica powder. Cauliflower was really soft and mushy and made a sauce with the cheese and it tasted so good.

With it, I had about 500 grams of cherry tomatoes, and perfect meal was ready. Really fast as well! :D And every time I have pasta I rediscover how much I like it. Can't wait to repeat this recipe, haha. :D Even though I would still like to try this American mac and cheese food, but I was pleased with my concoction as well.

Anyway yes, cheese is good and I highly recommend VegePlus vegan cheese. It is really tasty and honestly seems like the real thing. :D I still have one chilli one and one regular one left and I will definitely be making the waffles again.

I am sorry this post hasn't been as interesting, but I wanted to share some simpler things and I really wanted to write about this vegan cheese, as I got it as a gift from the company. :D

Next week will be really challenging, it is difficult to deal with the weight gain and I have some intense guilt, so it is kind of sucky with my ED currently. I know that there are a lot of events coming that have food and drinks, then mum comes, then there is Mother's day when we should got to Viljandi and then my birthday and so on. I want to get back into my old rhtym.

It is kind of nice, because every month I write a goal to my bullet journal to be more social, but eating disorder and weight gain really upset me.

Like, I don't have a thigh gap anymore. My feet rub together. It is really strange. Jeans are too tight. Argh, it is difficult to deal with this. And I am just at the lower end of healthy weight?! And I need to gain more to get my period back and get my hormones functioning normally?! How in the world?!

Also I eat a lot and a lot and I am still so tired all the time. My friend suggested taking bloot tests to see if I have too little of something in my blood, I will think more about it. I have seen my doctor once two years ago, so I don't really know how to contact her, haha... :D But yeah, I need to do something, because I am so low on energy.

For the next five days I am trying to do another challenge, but I don't know if it should be called that. It kind of does motivate me though, so this is good and I will write about it soon. And then I have another food related thing planned, so I am motivated about blogging at least. :D Sometimes getting my emotions out here really helps.

I got myself new headphones so I could listen to audiobooks. I started Harry Potter: A History of Magic and gosh, I have so many emotions. :D I am not fond of Rowling, but this world still means a lot to me.

I am also thinking about joining Scribd page to get more audiobooks, but I don't know... do you know any free sites for audiobooks? There is a page in Estonian library for it, but the selection is quite tiny there and I want more options. Let me know if you have any recommendations. :D Anyway, I think I will walk home today after work, so I could listen some. Though it is snowing a little and the weather is quite cold, so I am not sure.

This weekend passed super fast and usually they tend to drag. Maybe it is because I have such a hard time at work currently, I am really confused and tired and then life was like hehhehehe let's make this weekend past fast so she would have to go back to work asap.

Thanks, life.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe