Preparations for Japan / travelling part 1

10:12:00 PM

I have travelled a bit, but not very much. For example I have never been out of Europe, so there is a lot to discover. And now I am going to Japan!

I hope my eating disorder doesn't ruin this trip...

I have written down some categories to try and make a plan for it and have an idea what I want to do or try. I am writing them out here as well, and we shall see how much of it we will actually do.

EVENTS

Bunkyo Ume Matsuri - Japanese Plum Festival (Yukushima Tenjin), held 08.02. - 08.03. 2.

This seemed like something interesting and if there is a festival, why not check it out. I have no idea if plum trees are blossoming so early? Does anyone have any idea about it?

Jewelry Olympus Illumination (Tanokuchi, Inagi-shi), held 24.10. - 06.05

This looks cool on the pictures. Of course it is not something like must-see, but I just wrote it down just in case. Maybe we will accidentally drop by, even though I couldn't find this place on the map...

PLACES AND ATTRACTIONS

We are going to be in two separate places, Tokyo and Tsukuba. I have written down separate lists for those.

Tsukuba

Tsukuba mountain

My friend who we are going to visit there has been to it and it seems like a cool thing to do. I love mountains and nature and think it would be really fun. Also a nice way to get to know Tsukuba. We are in general trying to not pack our days with places, so we could just walk around and explore. I guess every place we will see is going to be awesome anyway. :D I can imagine myself finally realising that hey, I am in Japan!

Progress

So this is like... a bar place? :D I am not too sure but we are going there to hang out. It seems to have a nice atmosphere and I can write more about it once I have been there.

Karaoke

I think there is a place for it in Tsukuba. I in general hate singing in front of someone, but if I am going with my two friends, I can try it... :D I have never sang karaoke somewhere (if you do not count singing in front of a TV at home :D).

Tokyo

So. I made a list of places in Tokyo regarding their locations to have a better overview of where and when to go to exactly.

Central Tokyo

Ginza, Akihabara - these are just some places I have heard of and thought that if there is an opportunity, we could explore them a little. Again something general, not a certain place I NEED to go to. I am not thinking that oh I need to shop there or do this.

Northern Tokyo

Ikebukuro, Ueno - again, just some places I have heard of. :D I guess I should do more research to find out what there is. Gotokyo.org is the site I based my list on, by the way!

Eastern Tokyo

Asakusa, Tokyo Skytree - I would like to go to Skytree, but my friend said that it would be better to go to Tokyo Metropolitan Government building's rooftop instead, because you can have a nice view and supposedly it is also free. I agree.

Western Tokyo

Shinjuku, Shibuya crossing, Harajuku, Nakano, Yoyogi, Koenji - a lot of places here. :D I guess these are areas we are going to anyway, several times. I don't think I need to explain much, as most people have some knowledge of Harajuku or Shibuya crossing.

WoWIDvuQuijmImT898WTiOlt07_7NWxZPe2MY8enpQg

Southern Tokyo
Odaiba, Shinagawa, Roppongi, Tokyo Tower - and lastly. These seem just like some interesting and cool places. But I think every place is like that, to be honest.

ADDITIONAL

Tokyo Night Market @ Shibuya - this seemed like a cool place to pop by. I am really fond of places where you are offered foods and drinks and can immerge in the culture. Again - has someone been there?

Korea town - if we are already in Japan, we can check this out as well. I mean, Korean pop culture is really popular in Japan as well. Also it would be cool to try out different Korean foods maybe. 

Yoyogi park - I have heard so much about it and it looks cool. Definitely a nice place to go for a walk.

Unko museum - honestly I don't want to go there, but I needed to write it down. So it is... poop museum. But if someone recommends going, then why not. :D

Mori building DIGITAL ART MUSEUM: EPSON teamLab Borderless - this seems SUPER awesome. We already talked to our friend about the tickets, she has been there and she really liked it too. I have always wanted to go to a similar place. I used to watch someone on youtube some time ago and she vlogged going to this kind of place - I have been wanting to go to similar place since then.

1742_3_950x637

Doesn't it look awesome?!

Purikura - these picture taking booths look like so much fun. And you can get a physical thing to keep in your wallet or put on your fridge. Seems cute.

FOODS

My favourite topic. Things that I really want to try.

Ramen and sushi - I bet they are different from what we have in Estonia. I would really like to try them and get the real experience. I am not eating meet, but I do eat seafood, so sushi should be fine. About ramen I don't know, but I guess there are vegetarian options.

Natto - I have been wanting to try this for YEARS. It would be so nice to know if I am someone who lvoes it or hates it. :D My friend sent me some natto-flavoured snacks, which were good, but she said the real thing is still different. We shall see! :D

Takoyaki - I have seen it so much so I finally want to try it too.

Taiyaki - this should be some kind of pastry with sweet red bean filling. I really want to try it!

Onigiri - I bet we are going to 7/11 or some other kiosk that has them. Seems so interesting. I have had it once in Estonia, but in Japan it is like... a proper thing.

Okonomiyaki - this again we made with friends in Estonia, but it is not that. Probably one thing I would like to try the most.

Mochi - I am not the biggest fan of mochi, but I tried it quite some time ago and I think it is time to do it again. It was just a bit strange.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe