Vegan products challenge - part 1

10:45:00 PM

Unfortunately I only was able to do this for 4 days, because today it is Friday, but at the same time... I think I will continue with this. So soon there will be part 2. :D Anyway, I decided to taste test different vegan products to see how I like them. And maybe discover some new stuff to add to my menu. So this is connected to the challenge of trying new foods. :D

Anyway, I have now tried several things, and I thought I'd write about them. Also, I wanted to add before making it to the end of the post, if there are any vegan products you recommend me to try, please let me know.

Firstly, Alpro raspberry-cranberry soy dessert - I really liked it. It was a lot like toghurt, but I could taste something different still. It was a good snack and if I was to have this, I wouldn't miss regular yoghurt. It had a lot of berry pieces in it as well which made it extra yummy. I guess I would rate it as 7/10. Maybe other flavours are better, so I shall try them in the future. :D A long time ago I tried blueberry one and I think this was better. But it was interesting to test it!

For the next thing I tried Estonia's company's veggie tex-mex burger (made with chickpeas, peppers, corn etc). Idea was really good, but after frying it up and serving it, it was really dry and crumbly. But at the same time I liked that it wasn't just a "fried mush", it really had pieces of vegetables in it. Taste was good as well, a bit spicy. With vegan mayo and ketchup it was really nice. :D I guess I would rate it 7/10 as well, because there is room for improvement.
Next I tried Estonia's company's veggie beetroot and tofu burger. And it was AMAZING. It had actual tofu pieces in it and it didn't even need a condiment. I was really pleasantly surprised, because last burger from the same company wasn't as good. Anyway, for this, I would give it a solid 9.5/10, because it was just so good. I want to try the third one this company has as well, made with quinoa and sweet potato. But if I can recommend only one, I would go with this one currently!
Next, I finally (after who knows how long) tried vegan Magnum ice cream. It has been in the stores for a while, but I still hadn't tried it. And, well, I was maybe scared a little. But now I have been having fear foods and it was time. Anyway... this is my new favourite Magnum. It was just soo good and almond-y and not too sweet as rest of the Magnums tend to be. Definitely a favourite and definitely 10/10!
Now the weekend is upon us and today I am going to try a vegan pizza. And I also asked my friend for suggestions about what should I try. So again, please let me know if there are things I should have. :D I have some ideas, but I am running out of stuff soon.

Anyway, yes. Trying vegan products is so cool and as it has shown me, they can sometimes be better than regular things. I am convinced I will have my sister try the vegan Magnum and beetroot-tofu burgers will be a regular thing in our weekly menu. With the yoghurt I am a bit doubtful, but I am willing to try other flavours.

I am really looking forward to tonight and my pizza. And enjoying the weekend. I don't have any plans, but just resting is good as well.

What else! Yesterday I baked some bread again FINALLY. It has become a fear again, so it was about time to challenge it again. I added a lot of seeds, as usual. I have been thinking of trying Oatly spread, so I shall do that tomorrow. Anyway, nothing is better than the smell of fresh bread! Mmmm....

It cracked on a top as I tested another recipe with different baking times, so now I know to use the previous one again in the future. Still, it doesn't ruin the taste! :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe