Do you drink milk?

11:37:00 PM


Last week on Tuesday I had an opportunity to go and taste test Estonia's plant milks. They make milk from hemp seeds.

We tried 12 different kinds; we didn't know what exactly the milks contained and what was the ratio, but we had to evaluate it's smell, texture and taste. I was really surprised they had so many different ones! There were some that were more liquidy, some that were thicker, there were some that smelled like grass or some that smelled like seeds. What they didn't have was the ones that tasted or smelled sour - that was a huge plus for me. Sometimes plant milks are a bit sour and I don't really like them (for example Alpro oatmilk. Some oat milks I really like, for example Oatly ones.)

Anyway, I am really excited for this company. I am really glad my friend asked me to attend this event.

I also thought that I mention that my favourite plant milk is Alpro barista almon milk - it tastes like marzipan! On the second place I think it goes to cashew milk and on third... hmm, I think Oatly. But at the same time I really like this one almond milk that is store's own version. I think plant milks are awesome - they all taste a bit different, it is not general "milk" taste. :D You can pick if you like more creamy one or more watery one or more sweet one and so on. Really cool!

I have been trying to come up with some new challenges. One of my friends recommended having different foods that I have never tried before. But here again I thought that can I pick Alpro sweet yoghurt, as I have never tried it before? Or does it go under yoghuty meaning I have? :D I think for this week I will try to have just general new products. For example I really take this yoghurt or vegan burgers that I have never had, or a bread I have never bought. This opens me up to new things and it will be a challenge, as tried and tested foods are too safe. And maybe at one point I can move forward and try having things that I have never tried or heard of. Like... rambutan. I have no idea what it is. I think this also requires some more work before staring. :D Anyway, this is coming up as well!


Then my other friend recommended another interesting challenge - pick an ingredient and make it in three different ways. She specified that it can be grains or something. For ecample pick rice and then on one day I would make sushi, then on another I would make fried rice and then on the third day... rice with curry. Or quinoa. On one day I could make peppers filled with quinoa, on another day I could make quinoa salad and on third day maybe sweet porridge with quinoa. I think this would be quite interesting and as I have said several milion times, challenges need to be repeated!

I am also thinking of taking the alphabet in front of my again and see if I can make up another list of fear foods. Or maybe pick the same things just to make sure I am okay with having them. But at the moment I can't really come up with a thing even for a ltter A, because I am not afraid of avocados anymore and the only thing in my mind is apple. But who would be scared of an apple. Maybe a little, or if I added something... like apple juice? This could work...

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I am always really happy when people tell me possible challenge ideas. :)

About my weight... it is difficult. The first number of my weight changed and to accept this is really tough. But one look into the mirror confirmed that it is a long way to go and I am still just as boney and look awful. :D I don't know why I am stuck with this number. Weight doesn't mean anything. For example taller people weigh more simply because they are, well, taller. How do I not understand this? :D Ideally I would gain weight in how I look but not in the number. :D How is this logical?


Anyway, I have been really good. On one day I got this dessert from the store, which I have been meaning to try since I was at the hospital and my mum visited me for the first time. :D But I have been too scared until now, because look at the calories. :D It was mango-grenadil-coconut rice pudding, if anyone is interested.

And well, it was... good. But not something special, really! I mean, it would have been nicer if it had more coconut, though the rice pudding itself was nice. At the same time I was not disappointed. I just felt like yay, I have finally tried it and it wasn't mindblowing. :D It was good to know this.

Anyway yeah. That's it from me for today. See you on Friday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe