2020 goals

2:31:00 AM

At the end of 2019 I set myself 150 small challenges and I thought that now is the time to look them over and see what I have done or haven't done.

Anyway, here they are:

  1. Get my weight up to 50 kilos. - I haven't reached it yet, but I am super close. It is difficult to deal with it, but day by day it is becoming easier. Like today I thought that my weight has gone up so much again. Because there was some serious overeating at the work event - really, I was in literal pain from eating so much...
  2. Have cake when out with a friend or family. - This I have done. I immediately thought about when me and my sister and mum went to Saaremaa and Hiiumaa and we had chocolate cake on the ferry back home.
  3. Get myself a flat. - I didn't really think this will happen, but by now, I have been in my own flat for a little over a week. Yay!
  4. I read at least 25 books. - I honestly haven't counted how many books I have read this year. But I am afraid it is less than that (but I still have a few more weeks, right... :D)
  5. Go abroad for work. - If I don't count the training days, I haven't done it.
  6. Post on blog every Monday and Friday. - In general I did it. A few days I did skip because I was on a holiday.
  7. Buy myself some jewelry. - I wanted to, but I didn't find the RIGHT one.
  8. Do the meditation challenge. - I kind of did it, but it wasn't too successful.
  9. Go to at least one place in Estonia where I haven't been before. - Yes, I went to Hiiumaa island!
  10. Run a marathon. - Nope, my health didn't allow me to. But next year I am definitely going to do it.
  11. Use less plastic. - I have done this as much as possible. For example I am really good with using reusable produce and shopping bags.
  12. Study Norwegian. - Nope, no motivation.
  13. Go to at least 3 concerts. - Haahaaa, as if! (Corona!)
  14. Write several articles about music. - I did write something! And also went to Tallinn Music Week!
  15. Try baking my own bread. - Yes, and I was very successful! :D
  16. Meet my foreign friends. - Again - corona.
  17. Travel to at least three countries. - If I only knew what would happen in 2020... :D But well, I did go to Japan! And this equals with at least three countries.
  18. Try 100 different teas. - Yes, I definitely did that!
  19. Try baking something new (in addition to my kringel and cake I always make). - Yup, for example I made another cake and sweet potato brownies.
  20. Go to spa. - Just went there two days ago. :D
  21. Start doing bouldering again. - I have gone twice this year! Better than nothing.
  22. Visit my parents more. - This I didn't do, mostly because of corona again. Don't want to accidentally spread it. But I will go home for Christmas.
  23. Worry less. - I think I might have done that.
  24. Be more spontaneous. - I actually feel like I have been. :D
  25. Go to an outdoor adventure park. - Yep, went there on Muhu island with my mum and sister.
  26. Save money. - Haahaa (I bought a flat, so no :D).
  27. Celebrate vegan Tuesdays meaning eating vegan on every Tuesday. - This I haven't done, but I will start with my vegan challenge from the next year. And I haven't bought any animal products since moving.
  28. Write something in addition to having a blog. - This I haven't done at all.
  29. Read more poetry. - This also.
  30. Go to cinema more. - I guess? I don't remember how often I went last year so I cannot really compare.
  31. Go to theater more. - Related to corona, I haven't had a chance to go as much as I would have liked, but I have seen some plays!
  32. Make more art. - I dunno, I guess not?
  33. Watch more movies. - Yep. Especially recently. I also have a TV now so this helps too!
  34. Spend less time in social media. - I think I have actually used it more.
  35. Drink less soft drinks. - Omg, as if.
  36. Write a business plan. - Nope. :d I have an idea, but I haven't done anything to realize it.
  37. Eat more fear foods (like pasta, quinoa). - Yes, this I have done a lot during my challenges.
  38. Properly fill my bullet journal. - I don't know... it is not as pretty as it could be, but mostly it has filled it's purpose and I have been able to write everything I need down.
  39. Go eat out more. - Yes, I have done this. And I would like to do it more. I wish there was no corona risk.
  40. Read more popular scientific papers. - I think I have done this, I have National Geographic subscription now.
  41. Read more papers and magazines, - Yep, look at the previous point.
  42. Find new companies to work with. - I haven't really been doing it, but I have connections with Globus Estonia and this is cool!
  43. Try out a new sport. - I started going to yoga classes.
  44. Donate extra clothes. - Yes, finally! There were so many things that were just taking up space in my cupboards. I put them all together and gave away. Even though some of them had specific memories connected to them. It felt really good!
  45. Buy new clothes. - I haven't done that much. But this is good, saving some money and I know that my body is changing.
  46. Donate to food bank. - When they have these bigger events I have done it. I unfortunately don't remember to do it all the time.
  47. Walk the dogs in shelter. - Yes!! I have gone with my friend several times, even though we were only able to walk a dog once, because on other times there were too many people and too few dogs who needed to be walked. But this is actually positive.
  48. Talk to more with my relatives and getting together with them. - I haven't been able to meet them, but I am trying to talk to them more.
  49. Listen to at least one new artist every week. - I really haven't been keeping up with this, but Tallinn Music Week helped me to discover several new ones. So I don't count this goal as a failed one.
  50. Learn at least one poem by heart. - Nope, but Christmas is still coming and I should learn something. :D In Estonia we have to recite a poem, sing, dance etc to get our presents from the Santa.
  51. Try not to move as much. - Yes! Oh boy how buying my own flat has helped with this. I am going home after work, not going to walk around as I used to do due to anorexia. And really, I don't even check my activity tracker to see how many steps I have taken. :D On some days it is really just a few. But this is fairly new progress I have been making.
  52. Do yoga. - Yep, I love it!
  53. Watch a Disney movie. - There is still some time... :D
  54. Take a picture every day. - I did have a challenge with it. Maybe I should do another post of pictures in my week.
  55. Try new porridges. - I have done those. I have made millet and rice porridge, but still haven't gotten around to make semolina one. But I should, I really crave it.
  56. Try savoury porridge. - I don't think so? I don't remember when I tried it, was it this year? Anyway, I hated it, so I don't want to do that again. :D But at the same time my friend has porridge with nutritional yeast and is really happy with it. :D
  57. Make more smoothies. - Haven't done this, but I have had a few this year.
  58. Use more oil when cooking. - Nope. But I don't avoid it completely. Like it is fine when someone else makes food and uses it. I don't feel like oh no it is too much or "why are they using oil".
  59. Let others cook for me. - I think I haven't really done it, but a little still. And I have been going out for meals a lot more and this goes here as well.
  60. Take candies, sweets, cookies etc if I am being offered. - Yes! I have only skipped it if it is something that has meat in it.
  61. Avoid counting calories. - Sometimes I start and then I just cannot be bothered. Or I do count them and there is too much and stresses me out and then I am like, it doesn't matter, I better not count then. This is huge progress! In things, I generally do check the calories but it is mostly to make sure I am eating enough.
  62. Clean up 15 minutes every day. - I really haven't done it, but I have tried to keep clean and do at least something every day. I have habit tracker page in my bullet journal and it has a thing that says "cleaning", and whenever I complete it, I get to mark it with an X.
  63. Go for a hike. - Me and my friend have been talking about going, but life is really busy. I don't know if we will manage to do it this year though, because it is rather cold outside already.
  64. Meet new people and get new aquaintances. - Yes, definitely have done that.
  65. Try new craft beers. - Yes, and also not craft beers. Like yesterday I tried this almond flavoured dark beer. It was okay. Nothing amazing, but still pretty good.
  66. Watch some Estonian movies. - Haven't done this I think?
  67. Listen to more Estonian music. - Well, during Tallinn Music Week I did listen to a lot of new artists and it was pretty cool. I had a phase in summer where I did listen more Estonian stuff.
  68. Get some more ear piercings. - This is in my to do list and I hope to do it this year.
  69. Use less "I'm too lazy". - Sometimes I get all motivated when I conciously remind myself not to use this. :D But yeah, it is easy to say.
  70. Be awake for longer (really, going to bed at 9 is a bit tooooo early). - Now that I have my own flat I stay awaye way longer. :D Or sometimes I visit people and get home really late. This is good.
  71. Learn to understand and express my emotions better. - Well first of all I need to wait to get my emotions back, though I am on my way. Last meeting with my doctor went really well and I talked about the meds. He said he is hoping to get the dosage down by march and maybe get me off meds by next summer. There is hope.
  72. Try and create my own recipe.- I have tried with some. For example my sweet potato brownies were my own creation.
  73. Get braces. - Yes!
  74. Borrow more books from the library. - I haven't been to the library in a really long time, I need to change this.
  75. If necessary, I will go to the hospital again. - I am glad to say that this hasn't had to happen.
  76. Talk more when around people. - I don't really know how to evaluate this. There hasn't been many meetings.
  77. Write down three positive things each day. - Not really each day, but I have tried doing it. Or if I don't write things down, I still think of at least three good things every morning.
  78. Have more liquid calories and get over the fear of them. - I can be proud that I have done this.
  79. Try new food things (for example in Japan!). - Yes! For example I tried natto in Japan. :d I really would like to try seitan now, but I don't know where I can get it.
  80. Send more letters and postcards. - I don't think I have done this. Some, but not many. I am not sending Christmas cards either this year, because sending them actually costs quite a bit. And if I started sending them, I would like to send it to more people.
  81. Give more compliments. - I have tried doing this and it makes me feel good.
  82. Make decisions faster and be more sure of myself. - Yep, definitely have gotten better in it. And saying what I want.
  83. Go to stores less (even food stores). - A little, yes. On some period I used to walk around in stores a lot. Now I have done it less. Because of the corona it also doesn't seem right. 
  84. Be more supportive of my friends and family. - Yes, I think so. I have enough energy to offer help now.
  85. Find a good psychologist for myself. - I still go to the same psychologist, but I have grown to appreciate her.
  86. Buy myself a TV (our current one hasn't worked for years already). Yep, I have been the owner of a TV for a week and a half now and this is so nice!
  87. Drink less coffee. - I think I have more coffee... :D
  88. Visit someone abroad. - We went to see a friend in Japan!
  89. Try and make a travel video. - I didn't do this because I didn't film anything.
  90. Play more board games. - I have played quite a bit, when my sister has had a friend over. But I would like to have some more board game nights.
  91. Intvite friends and family over. - I still haven't had a chance to do that, because I just moved.
  92. Join a gym. - Yes, I go to yoga and all. Though at the moment I am not paying for next month, because it is Christmas and I don't want to waste money and I can't go during Christmas.
  93. Read all the Harry Potter books again. - At the moment I am reading the second book.
  94. Watch all the Harry Potter movies again. - We watched the first one on Sunday.
  95. Grow herbs at home. - At the moment I haven't done it, but it is in my to do list. I just need to think of a way to save the plants from Motu.
  96. Learn to rest. - I still haven't mastered it, but I am definitely better at it.
  97. Subscribe to a magazine. - Yes, I wrote about my National Geographic subscription.
  98. Borrow and ride a bike. - Unfortunately I haven't done this, maybe next summer?
  99. Have a dinner party for my family. - This I also haven't been able to do, because I just moved. This is definitely something I want to have though.
  100. Have something other than porridge in the morning. - Hehehehe, this is this week's challenge. I will post about it on Friday!
  101. Go to swim in the sea. - Didn't do that even once. :(
  102. Connect with people who I haven't talked to for ages. - I have been trying to do it, and generally people have been really happy about it. This is nice.
  103. Trying to be more honest towards myself and others. - Yes, definitely.
  104. Go mushroom picking, - Meh, didn't get to that.
  105. Start investing/saving. - I joined a program in bank which always rounds off how much I spend in the store and transfers the cents left to another account to save like this. It is pretty cool.
  106. Write a diary in addition to my blog. - Haven't done this, but sometimes I feel like I should. When I want to write my emotions down more precicely. But at the same time I am quite open in my blog anyway.
  107. Print out more photos and put them into a notebook. - Haven't done that. I should get some Japan pics printed out though.
  108. Do some training, - Haven't joined a training (like baking etc) that I wanted to do, but there have been some training days at work so I can check this off.
  109. Delete unneccessary pictures from my computer. - Well, so-so.
  110. Delete unneccessary pictures and videos from my phone. - Same.
  111. Practice writing (for example for my bullet journal). - Nope. Haven't felt like doing it.
  112. Make my bed every morning. - Yes! I can't imagine leaving it messy when I get up. It really bothers me. :D
  113. Watch more documentaries. - I have seen a few, yes!
  114. Listen to more podcasts. - This I have definitely been doing.
  115. Write down my dreams. - I haven't really written them down, but I have been retelling them to people.
  116. Try and write poetry. - I did have a period where I tried, but not much.
  117. Smile more. - I don't know, I guess not? It is not the nicest thing to do with braces. :D When I get rid of them finally, I will do it a lot though. :D
  118. Make more food to take to work with me. - Yes, I have done this a lot.
  119. Have less added sugar. - Mmmmm... I don't know. A little I think? But I drink so much Coca Cola Zero.
  120. Drink more water. - Sometimes.
  121. Learn to do pushups. - Now because I have this push up challenge I have done them more.
  122. Surprise people more. - I have done this. :D It really makes me feel good!
  123. Learn new English words. - Nope. I haven't really read English books either to learn something new.
  124. Worry less. - Yes. My weight has started to go up, but I worry way less about it? Weird connection. And other things also cause less stress somehow.
  125. Play with my cat more. - If only he was up for it.
  126. Do more challenges. - Yes, I have done so many!
  127. Take a hold of new opportunities. - I think so.
  128. Connect my work and hobbies. - Nope, haven't been successful. Ideally I would connect them.
  129. Try new things in order to find something interesting to do. - I don't know, I have been revisiting my old loves, like bouldering, running etc.
  130. Break my routine. - Mhmh, especially lately. Almost every day I meet someone, do something or go somwhere.
  131. Get more use out of my free time. - I don't know. I have rested more, which is quite a big thing for me.
  132. Make my own recipe book. - Well, I do have a notebook where I write recipes down and this is pretty cute.
  133. Call more instead of sending messages. - Sometimes.
  134. Make more thoughtful presents. - I have tried doing it and I think I have been quite successful.
  135. Watch more series (for example continue with Doctor Who...). - Yes. I watched Living With Yourself with a friend, also Queen's Gambit and I am watching Brooklyn 99 with my sister etc.
  136. Read more blogs. - I have found some new ones and done that.
  137. Do something cool with my hair. - When I went to Japan, my hair was blue. Now I should cut them or something.
  138. Learn to do better make up. - Nope. But I haven't had any motivation or reason to do this either.
  139. Get rid of my meds. - Not yet, but hopefully within next year I will!
  140. Host a giveaway. - Haven't done it, though it would be cool.
  141. Play a computer game. - I played Age of Empries a lot for some time. :D
  142. Read someone's life book. - Haven't done it, but I haven't found an interesting one.
  143. Learn new stuff at work. - Definitely.
  144. Do something nice for a stranger. - I don't know, maybe? I have been trying to be mindful and notice small things and help people.
  145. Set myself some goals (I can get some inspiration from this list). - Yes, I have set a lot of small goals and fulfilled them.
  146. Practice being grateful. - Definitely.
  147. Tell people more how much they mean to me. - Yep. Have done this in real life and also on the phone.
  148. Think more about the future. - This is kind of depressing, but in general yes.
  149. Won't make any more of these kind of crazy lists. - Yes, not going to do that this year. :D
  150. Fulfill at least some of the goals here. - Yes!

Quite good. This almond flavoured beer. But I think I still like dark beer with cherries the most.

But what should I set as new year's goals? I think that maybe I will write down three bigger points to get some inspiration from?

1. Get well. It means gaining weight, it means getting rid of my eating disorder and meds. I feel so motivated at  the moment. I hope next year I can look back at this and write YES, I have done it. This would be so cool!

2. Maintain good relationships.Friendships, relationships with my family etc. Relationships have become much more important to me recenrly. I like hanging out with people and be off of my routine. I thought for a long time that I want to be alone, have my own rhythm, my own routine, do my own thing, be my own boss. But actually relationships are so-so important.

3. Be more successful at work. I like my job. At the moment I will continue working here, so I have hope. I want to be good at what I do, get to know things better and continue studying next year. So there are some small goals in this big one.

About my weekend I wanted to mention that my dad came to down and helped me to pick out some furniture. He also helped to assemble it. And also I got my cat with me now. He is really stressed though and spent the whole day under the bed. Now in the morning when I went to work he finally started eating. I feel so much better now.


He was brave for a moment last night and came to see the livingroom.

He scrached me a lot when I captured him and he also ripped my winter jacket, but I can't even be angry at him. I feel so bad.


My awesome livingroom!

Anyway yes, this was today's post. Nothing new or interesting, but I thought I'd mention I started a new challenge and it is really exciting. Post about this coming on Friday. :D

What are your goals for next year and what did you do in 2020?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe