Vegan products I tried in November / dry fast

12:46:00 AM

I decided to start and write down all the vegan products I have tried this month. I hope the amount will grow over time.

YOSA vanilla-oat dessert

I thought I will pick vanilla flavoured one, even though it had some fruid ones as well. Someone actually recommended me these and they seemed good. But... I don't know. It tasted kind of sour and I didn't taste any vanilla. Texture was also weird, kind of weirdly stretchy? Reminded me of porridge, but wasn't as good. :D I ate it, but I wouldn't get it again. Even though I would kind of like to try the other flavours still. I would give it... 6/10. :D I can never give less points...

Alpro mango-soya yoghurt


I have actually tried this before.

I really liked this. It reminded me of normal yoghurt, it had mango pieces in it and I couldn't taste soya at all. I think soya in general is quite neutral and you can use it in many things. If someone had given this to me and not mention it was vegan, I wouldn't have known to be honest. I really liked that it had mango pieces in it. 7,5/10. Average, but good. I am not a big yoghurt fan, I pefer curd cream stuff, but this was really good.

Hummus dill flavoured crisps

I have tried hummus crisps before, but not with this flavour. And I really liked them! Probably one of my favourite kind of crisps now. :D It was nice and salty, I somehow had had enough of sweet suff and I wanted to try this. The package was big enough - not too much, but the perfect amount of crisps. The only minus is the price, but you can treat yourself sometimes. I would give it 8/10. I thought I liked tomato and basil ones the best, but I think these are actually even better.

Pasta sauce with soya mince

I made some sweet potato boats and I thought about having them with beans in tomato or chilli sauce, but I had been looking at this in the store for several times already, thinking I want to try it. It was really good and fit well with sweet potatoes. But I think I will use it as pasta sauce indeed in the future. Not the best soya mince I have had, but I will definitely add it to my menu. 6,5/10. I don't know, something was missing, but it was still good. Anyway, these are my points for it.

Tere oatmilk

I actually got this from the store only because it was on sale. But then I thought that it is good that I get to try it and support Estonian company. I am glad they have come out with milk alternative, it was a huge positive surprise! It has a light nutty taste and it is kind of sweet, I really love it. I have been buying it constantly and it is a part of my everyday. Perfect with coffee. I should try and froth it, but I have learned that plant milks don't really froth, unless they are barista ones. Anyway, for this I am definitely giving 9/10.

I have big plans for next month, because I am about to move. :D And then at some point I get to start the vegan challenge. I think I will have a much longer post with vegan products then. But with this, I am looking forward to receiving recommendations.

At the moment I feel like I have tried all possible yoghurt and dessert things, but I haven't found the best yet. Even though this mango yoghurt was really nice. But still. I really need some vegan product that is like curd cream, I love those! But we shall see, maybe I will find something interesting. 


Õõõõõh, I also wanted to rant about one Estonian blogger who wrote about dry fasting and how she did it. And why it made me feel upset. Like, I am too lazy to bring out the negatives and read research, but I just wanted to... yeah. I wanted to mention it annoyed me a lot. In general I don't read her blog, but I came across this post. Anyway, for me, as for someone who is suffering with and ED, this was bad. I really felt for her before, because she has had a past with disordered eating herself, but now this.

Like.... she is bringing out a lot of research and articles about why this is good and should be followed and how she is planning to dry fast every month from now on. I can't help but to be easily affected from diet culture and articles. And of course I thought that I should try it, she is bringing out all the good things. I felt like I need to follow her lead, do the same. And I don't know how detrimental this is to even younger followers of her or other people who suffer from and ED or disordered eating. Things like this... she should be more wary. 

I would like to write down my feelings regarding it better, but my emotions are a mess. It is difficult to put it in words. Also I don't feel like writing a reply post to her. In general I just wanted to mention how bad it is (for me). And now I am constantly thinking about it and it is bothering me a lot. I don't know. What do you say about it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe