Vegan products I tried in May

2:14:00 AM

Before I review the vegan products, I wanted to write about... Stephanie Buttermore.  Honestly, if I could get an euro each time someone with an eating disorder talks about her, I would be super rich.

Her theory and logic is that if you go all in during your recovery, eat as much as you want, whatever you want and don't restrict, then your body reaches it's natural set point, you won't gain any more weight and it becomes stable and all that.

But is it like that? I mean, there are A LOT of dangerously overweight people in the world. Is this their set point then? They need to be morbidly obese? Like people in those my 600 lbs life show etc. Are they meant to be like this? They shouldn't be healthy?

Aslo sge breaches eating whatever you want. Like, in theory I like this idea. That I can have pizza, a bag of crisps, ice cream, sweets, chocolates, peanuts etc. But... it will bring a lot of problems. Firstly, well... you don't get enough vitamins and minerals etc. If you only have cereal, 10 bags of crisps and cheese then I don't know, it is not very balanced.

Yes, I eat quite a lot of junk food, but if you follow me on Instragam or somewhere, you probably also have noticed I eat quite a bit of vegetables and fruits and stuff.

Also honestly I do not believe she lost all that weight "naturally", because her body understood it was safe and did it automatically. And I don't think her apetite went down. :) I just don't, sorry if you do. Like... try this technic if you want to. But I just think that... it makes no sense, sorry. :D Considering her past and how she has always fooled her audience, saying oh look I eat so much and never gain any weight... and then later coming out saying sorry I really restricted to make those 10 000 calorie cheat days... I think you understand where I am going with it. :D

And no, I don't think her message is all bad. During recovering from an eating disorder (also she has never said she has or had one) you NEED to gain weight and it is OKAY to eat junk food and eat as much as you want to. But this rest of the logic about set point weight and stuff is what bothers me. And all this lying and things she has done in the past. I think it is super problematic. And I have a feeling if anyone tries this, they will end up massively overweight and think why it didn't work for them. And Buttermore can say hey, sorry, your set point is just high. She has made herself clear.

But yeah, in general I let you decide for yourself, I just saw another post about her yesterday and I flipped and wanted to get my emotions out. :D I don't know, argue with me if you want to. This is what I believe. :D

But here are all the new vegan products I tried in Estonia in May:

Oatly šokolaadi kaerajook (Oatly chocolate oatmilk)

At the moment I am really addicted to cocoa and chocolate milk coffee, so I am continuing with trying those products. :D I think Alpro used to have one with dark chocolate, but I haven't seen it anywhere recently... :( But this Oatly one was really good. I have been wanting to try it for a while already, but it has more calories than some others. Thus I have been too scared. But now I did it! And it was worth it. It was really nice and creamy and fit perfect for my coffee. It is also good to just drink by itself. Whenever I made coffee, I just sipped a little just by itself as well. :D I think I liked it more than chocolate soy milk. In general very good! 9/10.

Laky kartulikotlett metsaseentega (Laky potato burger with mushrooms)

I think this is my new favourite product by them. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to try it out. I really liked it, even more than the one with cabbage filling. They also now have vegan cabbage rolls, which is my next thing to try. Anyway, nice texture, taste and a good filling meal. 9/10.

Laky kapsarullid köögiviljadega (Laky cabbage rolls with vegetables)

I love cabbage rolls. Especially the ones my Grandma makes, these are so good. Or well, were, when I ate them. I have been to lazy to make them myself though and when I saw a post about this product in Facebook vegan group, I was in heaven. I went to the store three times in order to get them, they were always out of stock. But it was worth it! Honestly, really nice. Seasoned super well. A bit greasy, but it didn't bother me really. I am not so scared of oil any more! 8/10.

Taffeli kartulikrõpsud rosmariini, tüümiani ja roseepipraga (Taffel postato crisps with rosemary, thyme and pink pepper)

I hate thyme so much and I was really suspicious about this product. But they were in the vegan subscription box. Finally at my birthday I opened them and everyone liked them, me as well. At the same time it wasn't something I would buy myself again. But I am glad I tried them and for example I am a huge fan of rosemary! 6/10.

Bon Soya tofu kroket ürtidega (Bon Soya tocu croquet with herbs)

I had them as a side to potato salad on my birthday and I think they were quite... dry? And not very seasoned. But at the same time they were good with dip and the next day we had them with ketcup and mayo and they were good. Not the worst. :D But if I would get another ball thingies, I would pick falafels or something like that. But for this I would give 5/10, not my favourite, but still edible. :D

Marta Pagari bataadipallid (Marta Pagar sweet potato balls)

I had been wanting to try those for SOOO long, but again, calories were scary. I got them for my birthday party and I loved them though. Others also liked them and they asked what exactly are those. :D Sweet potato is still one of my favourite foods and these were super good. Would definitely get again! 9/10.

Scotti šokolaadi kaerapiim (Scotti chocolate oatmilk)

They only have it in few stores unfortunately. But I really like it, though I think soy milk with chocolate is better than this. But it was nice, creamy and went well with the coffee. Also it is nice to have as hot chocolate. I think it is better than Oatly one though, but who knows. 8/10.

Alpro banaanimaitseline sojajook (Alpro banana soy milk)

I don't know what happened to me, but I decided to have it with coffee... I was tired of all the chocolate, so I thought it was going to be a good idea. It tasted like very artifical banana, but it was just sweet in coffee. I would never buy it again, but at least I have tried it now. 4/10.

Veganic porgandi-kapsa šnitsel (Veganic carrot-cabbage burger)

I hadn't had it in a long time so it was good to try it again. I don't think I have reviewed it previously. I really wanted some vegan burgers and this was really good with mayo and ketchup. I really liked it, but it is a bit pricy. 8/10.

Marta Pagari falafelid (Marta Pagar falafels)

These were amazing. They are frozen and I think they were better than just cold ones, a bit more juicy. These are always dry and need some kind of sauce, but these were just good even without. Usually they are quite expensive though, but I grabbed them during the sale. I would give them 9/10.

My very cucumbery dinner with falafels.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe