I worked out every single day for a month

12:23:00 AM

 

He doesn't have any problems with stretching...

It was the first of September and I decided to go for a month long challenge. As I am not working out a lot due to my weight, I still thought a little movement would be good. Thus I decided to do 10 minutes of stretching and flexibility exercises for a month.


I followed this video.

And honestly, ten minutes was such a long time during the first day. I was constantly thinking that okay, that is enough, I won't do it today and so on. :D Because I was just so lazy. I didn't like some of the exercises either, the ones on your knees to be precise.

Anyway, at one point I realised I should use a yoga mat and it got better after that. And when I got to a certain part of the video, it didn't feel as long anymore and it was okay. And I didn't want to stop anymore.

On the first two days I had this block, I didn't want to start. Then I thought I will follow this for a week - I could post about it on Monday and it would be done. But then I made a deal with myself for a month and I am glad I did it.

Ten minutes felt less and less each time. Also I really liked that these exercises are not difficult, I could even make them when wearing PJs before bed. And in general I would have had time to do them in the morning before going to work as well.

Some of the exercises I really liked, when there were some I despised. Some were just boring, whilst others helped with improving your balance. Like the third exercise - this was really hard at the beginning but it got much easier towards the end.

Day 5

I keep forgetting I need to do them. Until now I have still managed though, I haven't missed a day. :D It is a bit funny to do them when my sister is at home and moving around in the flat, she will find me in weird postitions. :D

Anyway, this is such a nice thing to add to your day and get warm - I am always cold - and it is nice to move a little after sitting in front of a computer all day. I really recommend doing something like this for your body. I am glad a lot of people have asked the video link already when I have mentioned this challenge.

Day 10

Today was the first day I really almost forgot it. At around 9pm I suddenly remembered that I hadn't done it. :D At the same time I had been to yoga class on the previous day and had already gotten some sore muscles. It was nice to stretch.

In general I do these exercises when I am home alone, but on some days my sister is there as well. I sometimes talk to her while doing them. :D Time passes quicker each day. I used to think that I don't want to do this second to last thing (with the hands), but now I just do it and it is fine. I could do the stretches without the video as well, but I can't be bothered to take the time. I really like this video. It is good that the trainer is not speaking and I like the sounds it makes when exercise is finished or it is starting. I don't have to stare at the screen constantly. But it is a good reminder if I miss something.

Day 15

Doing this feels completely normal now and now that I have a vacation, I usually do these exercises on the first half of the day. Like today I carried home a 7 kilo watermelon and I felt that I needed to stretch myself out after that as fast as possible. And it was super nice. Also yesterday I thought about doing these for the second time as well, but didn't in the end. Thinking the same about today. Also I have this painful nerve spot on my hip/butt and yoga helps, but these stretches also help.

Day 20

It is really weird to think that I have kept up this habit for 20 days already. And it has gotten so much easier. Like the third exercise! I used to never get my foot between my hands, but now I can! Also I think just attending yoga classes has helped. But anyway, this is a change I have noticed. :D

The time passes so fast. Also on one day I had a terrible headache, but after doing this routine, I felt a lot better. I didn't think ten minutes would make a difference, but it did. :D

What I also really like about this video is that when 45 seconds pass, she will finish the exercise and video won't cut off. I don't know, why, but I really like this. :D And at the same time you can see what the next thing is and all that.

Are there any other stretching routines to follow? YouTube is full of them, of course, but do you have any recommendations?

Day 25

Today is very busy, because I went to see my psychologist, then I came home and had to take a shower and get stuff together to go to my parents' place. I still found the ten minutes to do this routine. And it was really nice, it kind of calmed me down and helped to refocus, so in addition to physically helping me it also helped me mentally.

I guess it will be a bit strange to do this at my parents', but I don't want to miss a day. I haven't stuck to a challenge for so long as I am doing for this. :D I wonder if I want to continue with it once the 30 days are over. I can try. :D This is already a part of my everyday. Maybe I could look into more videos and follow those...

Day 30

And that's it. And I think it is about time. I have been following those for a while and also attended some yoga classes at the gym - these have become too easy for me. I thought about following a short vinyasa flow tutorial instead - it would be a bigger challenge.

In general I really liked this challenge. It was nice to take 10 minutes for your body and mind and do something different. At least it was great for beginners like me. And honestly, it passed so quickly. 10 minutes is not long.

What could my next challenge be?

I thought about doing something every day that I don't want to do. This would be a good step towards getting your life in check? :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe