30 day decluttering challenge

12:54:00 AM

Let's clean up. Or I should say, make an even bigger mess. Today, when I am starting this post, it is 26th of October and in a month I get to move in to my own flat (or actually a bit later, around 29th, because the owner can move on the weekend). Anyway, connected to it, I wanted to take up 30 day challenge and declutter, clean, look over, throw away everything in my current flat. In regards to it, I wrote down a list of 30 things to do. So let's get to it. I will make a list and add comments as I go through everything. I don't want to live in a mess after I move, so there is no point to just move every single item with me. Anyway, let's do this. Also, if you need to do some decluttering as well, feel free to join me. :D See how it goes. I hope that once I get to the end of the list, I won't have started making a mess in the first things I decluttered. 

Day 1 - desk, kitchen table

Day 2 - the top of my fridge (there are so many things there. I have a basket on top of the fridge and it is filled with stuff)

Day 3 - parcels, letters (I have a corner in my drawer where I have put a lot of these things and I want to go through them)

Day 4 - hanging clothes part in my wardrobe

Day 5 - bags (handbags, backpacks. I never empty my bag completely and I always find some things in them. :D Time to fix it now)

Day 6 - under my sink (mostly I mean taking the empty bottles to be recycled. There are so many bottles from my Coke addiction... and recently I have started buying it again :S)

Day 7 - bathroom shelves (just makes sense)

Day 8 - random cupboard number one (I mean one particular one where I have a lot of make up things and creams and such stuff)

Day 9 - desk drawers (I am so not looking forward to this one)

Day 10 - bookshelf (there are a lot more things than just vooks. Also I need to decide on what I want to take with me and if there are some things I want to send to my parents' place)

Day 11 - some of the kitchen cupboards (a lot of bottles and jars and stuff, need to go through it and devide it with my sister)

Day 12 - make up and jewelry drawer (make up bags and stuff I use a lot. There are probably some things that are old and neew to be thrown out)

Day 13 - closet that has bedsheets and stuff in them

Day 14 - wardrobe (not looking forward to it... I started with this yesterday actually, to see if there are many things I want to give or throw away or sell, but it was just too overwhelming :D But on day 14 I need to do this nevertheless)

Day 15 - socks drawer (and also underwear. I have a separate drawer for this kind of stuff, but I bet there are some shirts or other random things as well)

Day 16 - drawer under the TV (our TV doesn't work, but the desk and drawers under it are full of things. Need to go through it. Making this list I have found so many things to clean, this is awful...)

Day 17 - basement (I took some stuff there and should go through it)

Day 18 - top cupboards in the kitchen (on the right side. :D There are my seasonings and dry stuff and all these kind of things)

Day 19 - top cupboards in the kitchen (in the middle. They have dishes and teas and all this. Don't know how we are going to devide all the teas :D)

Day 20 - fridge (a small thing but should be cleaned out. Something easy for a change)

Day 21 - drawers under my desk (I have a cupboard thingy next to my desk and part of it reaches under the desk :D Anyway, yeah, this needs to be decluttered!)

Day 22 - box of shoes (we have this huge box thingy that is filled with old shoes or footwear that is not in season. Need to go through it)

Day 23 - rest of my shelves (how many shelves do I have?!)

Day 24 - tea shelf (oh, I have assigned a separate time for tea collection :D)

Day 25 - cleaning the bathroom and shower (well, I do this all the time anyway, but time to be a bit more throughout)

Day 26 - kitchen seating area lockers (I really can't explain it better. We have some cupboards under kitchen corner seating, so I mean this)

Day 27 - under my bed (I have suitcases there and I need to look it over. Also, regarding this I just realised I can use my suitcases to move stuff to my new place, yay)

Day 28 - rest of the stuff (I think I haven't covered all? We shall see)

Day 29 - under the kitchen seating area (there are boxes with homemade jams, pickles etc that my grandma or mum have sent us)

Day 30 - last things, sorting out last bits and bobs, packing stuff up

A lot to do! When I started to write down this list I thought that oh, we have such a small flat currently, I guess there aren't many things to go through... :D Boy, was I wrong.

But at the same time I am feeling really excited over it, because each decluttering moment, sorting, packing thing takes me a day closer to my move. I hoped that I could move on 28-29 already, but it doesn't matter. It will just be a little more time. And also when I get the keys, I can already start taking some stuff there and stay there as well. Most of the furniture they had I kept, I went to see and discuss about it yesterday.

I can't wait to post about pre move and after the move. But it takes some time still.

It is weird that I have been feeling really numb. Like, I know I should be excited and everything, but there is not physical response from my body. But today morning I thought about the notary meeting and I am feeling really nervous suddenly. :D I even had to think that Signe, breathe, everything is okay.

A bit strange that the sales agent can't come today, but I hope everything goes well even without her. At the same time I don't think it really hits me before I actually move and can use the flat. :D And I am sure at first I feel as if I am visiting someone. But maybe this is a good thing and I won't make a mess straight away. :D

I really can't wait to have the housewarming party already, but I want to have moved in before, and gotten used to the place a little. So maybe I will have the party next year. But I just had some thoughts about ohhh I can buy Christmassy kitchen towels and stuff and it is soooo exciting.

On the weekend my parents came to town, we went to see a couple of flats for my sister. And towards the end we were sitting in our kitchen and having tea nad cake and it was so cute that they really seemed to be excited for me. My dad even said that this is so cool and I can make my own decisions and design the place. Awesome!


Also my mum requested some bread so I baked this as well. It came out really well!

Anyway yeah, I hope everything goes smoothly now and there won't be any problems. As until now, I still need to keep my toes and fingers crossed!

About challenges - I have gotten some more ideas about what I want to do, but I am not sharing them hhere yet. But I think they could be interesting and useful for me. But for this week (or rather 5 days) I thought of doing one challenge. And this is:

The Scariest Snacks Challenge.

This means that every day I will have a snack that I have been too scared to have, but have thought that I reaaallllyyy want it. I know there are several things like this. And I know I need to do it. My weight has stayed higher (but there haven't been any major jumps) so it is time to challenge myself like this. I already have a snack for today. It is scary, but exciting. I can finally have things that I thought that other people can have it, but not me. So let's do this :D

This is a really long and confusing post. I really hope that I can go through everything in a month. I thought about doing the challenge first and then posting about it, but... now that you know it, it holds me more accountable. And I have more motivation like this.

Do you usually spring clean or autumn clean?

I also wanted to add that in a week I had 48 different foods! Almost 50, missed by so little! :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe