New toy - multicooker

1:53:00 AM

I haven't really been able to fully test it out, actually I have only used it once, for a recipe I came up with myself. But it worked well so I decided to blog about it.

I have the multicooker from a company named Brock Electronics, which is nice, but... in Russian. My parents helped to translate the menu when they drove us home though, so it is not bothering me much. :D My multicooker has 36! different regimes and I think I won't be using some of them, but well, the more the merrier.

IMG_20200517_141636

Anyway, right after getting it, I really wanted to try it out. I decided to make a potato casserole - I have made it in the oven and it didn't matter that I left it there for a loong time, potatoes were still a bit on the raw side. So I thought it is a good recipe to test out the multicooker.

There was a similar recipe in the book that came with it, so I took this as my base, but added many different ingredients depending on what I wanted.

I made it with three huge potatoes, two eggs, some milk, one gigantic carrot, a lot of onion, some mushrooms and some cheese. I also added some mayo. I mixed it all together and put it into the multicooker. For the program I picked plov, as the menu suggested it. It took 55 minutes.

IMG_20200518_175433

It was really weird. To think that there is this pot sitting on your counter top and cooking for you. :D Seemed unreal. At one point the whole on top of the cooker released some steam, so that was the first indicator that it actually worked. It smelled amazing and me and my sister were really eager to try it.

And we could, after 55 minutes! (Also, after it stops cooking, it still keeps the food warm so that is extra nice.) The taste was really good. Also, if I made it again, I wouldn't even add eggs, it was not necessary at all. So you could also make it completely vegan by using plant based milk, vegan cheese and vegan mayo. The potatoes were perfect! Nothing was overcooked, it was just well made. So considering this experience, I totally recommend. :D

IMG-20200518-WA0006

Huge portions. :D

Anyway, I really want to make steamed gyoza (dumplings) with spicy veggies and salmon, maybe I will also finally make some curry or a stew (my sister actually asked for it and I thought I was the only fan of stews...). Anyway. When I try something new and come up with new recipes, I will surely let you know.

I looked at it and discovered it also has a program for making pudding, though I haven't found a recipe online for it. Should google some more. Most of the multicooker recipes I have found are also with meat... I guess you can change them up a little and so on.

All in all it seems like a good product if you want to try something interesting and want to make food easy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe