Challenge - January breakfasts

1:51:00 AM

I decided to take a picutre of every breakfast I have in January. Just to see what is my favourite and what do I even eat, because I would like to try something other than porridge as well. :D Anyway, here we go!


Pictures are in wrong order and there is 30 out of 31, but oh well. :D All the days do look really similar, but you can read what I had below. A lot of repetition too!
  1. Porridge with blueberries, gingerbread seasoning and banana. Of course some coffee.
  2. Porridge with strawberries, gingerbread seasoning and banana. Coffee. :D
  3. Porridge with raspberries, gingerbread seasoning and banana. I promise to have something different tomorrow, FINALLY. :D
  4. Alpro soy yoghurt, Weetabix, blueberries, raspberries and banana. Something completely different! :D Actually it was a nice and quick breakfast, as I had postponed my alarm four times and was shocked when I finally woke up. I think I should place my phone further form me, hahaa. Anyway, this was surprisingly good, even thouhh I got hungry really fast, hmm.
  5. Porridge with strawberries, gingerbread seasoning and banana. Honestly, I have no idea when I will get over my gingerbread flavour addiction. I think I have had porridge with it for two months in a row?! :D But oh well.
  6. Alpro soy yoghurt with blueberries, blackcurrants and banana. And Weetabix. I added some almond milk as well, because yesterday the Weetabix was kind of dry. Soy yoghurt has won me over. It is much better than regular greek yoghurt. It is a bit pricy compared, but whatever. Also today my friend is coming over and we are going to have pizza, I thought for a long time if I should skip breakfast or lunch. My weight has gone up by a kilo again, and this really made me want to skip meals. This challenge is good - I couldn't not have anything.
  7. Porridge with blackcurrants, banana and gingerbread seasoning. I actually wanted to have another yoghurt bowl, but I was cold and wanted something warm instead.
  8. Porridge with cherries, banana, cocoa powder and a little bit of gingerbread seasoning. Again, I wanted something hot. But then I thought I will switch it up a little and added cocoa. It was so good. I think chocolate and cherries are ultimate combo. And I did need a bit of spice. But I got some Alpro coconut yoghurt that I am planning to have tomorrow. :D Soy one was really good, but I haven't tried the coconut one yet.
  9. Porridge with banana, raspberries, cocoa and gingerbread seasoning. Again, wanted something warming. Porridge is still in.
  10. Yoghurt bowl with Alpro coconut yoghurt, banana, raspberries, blueberries, blackcurrants and Wheetabix. I think this will be my new obsession, I am convinced :D. But I need to say that I liked soy yoghurt more.
  11. Porridge with strawberries, banana and gingerbread seasoning. As it is the start of the week, I decided to have this again. :D Also it was cold in my flat, so this solved the situation. I am now almost out of gingerbread seasoning as well and I thought I will try some other combinations now, to make it a bit more interesting. :D
  12. Coconut yoghurt with banana, Weetabix, cherries and mango. Recently I have also started having orange juice in the mornings, as my friend got some when I had a housewarming party and it was left over. This is such a big challenge, but mmm, it has bits of oranges and I really used to love this.
  13. Porridge with banana, blueberries and mango, also added some igngerbread spice. I did also have coffee and juice. Morning was cold again. I have another idea for breakfast, but it seems sooo scary so I have been having similar things recently. Maybe tomorrow? We shall see...
  14. Porridge with strawberries, banana and cocoa. Orange juice and coffee as well, of course! I ran out of gingerbread spice, so this was just a nice chocolatey porridge, nom.
  15. THIRD different kind of breakfast this month, yay! I made some more of this vegan banana bread and I mikrowaved a slice, added some new Cocodeli vegan yoghurt with blueberries and topped it off with blackcurrants. I was kind of upset over the calories in the yoghurt, but I managed. Also had some coffee and juice. I am surprised I didn't get this "oh I wish I had porridge instead" feeling that I kind of expected.
  16. Weetabix with chocolate pieces and oatmilk, coffee and orange juice. I was ina hurry this morning, as I needed to prepare a huge pot of pasta. So this quick meal saved my morning. And it was amazing! I thought that I was not going to get full, but Weetabix is quite filling. Also I had more than recommended 40 grams (I had 100 in fact) :D. It was really really good. I can't believe I had cereal for breakfast.
  17. Porridge with strawberries and mango, banana and ginger plus cinnamon. Orange juice. Coffee. I hadn't had porridge in a while so I really wanted it. :D I still don't have gingerpread seasoning at the moment but I wanted this kick, thus I added ginger. It was tasty! I also thought that mango used to be a big no-no for me, because it is fruit quite high in calories. But now I added it without any problems! A big win.
  18. Porridge with banana, cherries, cocoa and ginger. And coffee plus juice on the side. I did it! I finished off a bottle of orange juice and GOT A NEW ONE. Because it is really good. I usually start making food and sip on it while doing that. It used to be completely off limits, to enjoy a thing I needed to sit down and focus on food and drink. Now I can just sip on it on the side. And it feels normal.
  19. Porridge with banana, raspberries and gingerbread seasoning. Orange juice and coffee. I finally got some new gingerbread spice, because I really craved it. :D I am thinking about trying a different breakfast finally in the near future. But my obsession is back. At the same time I have a pack of tofu in the fridge so maybe I will make tofu scramble. I got some black salt from a friend too, and it should give it eggy flavour. Let's see.
  20. Tofu scramble, beans in tomato sauce, toast with vegan butter, orange juice and coffee. I finally did it! I forgot to add tofu to my soup so I needed to used it. :D Anyway, I added black salt and it was unreal?! It literally tasted like normal scrambled eggs. I couldn't believe it! At the same time I missed somewhing sweet. But it was nice to get out of routine. :D
  21. Alpro soy yoghurt with muesli, banana, raspberries and blackcurrants. Orange juice and coffee. I discovered thay my yoghurt was about to expire so I needed to have it. It was good. At the same time I couldn't really taste muesli and it felt like a waste. I am thinking of trying muesli with just milk in the future, but it doesn't seem enough like this and I am annoyed at myseld. :D I also picked this muesli after 20 minutes of walking around in the isle. Firstly because I needed to make sure it is vegan and then I checked the calories and they were so high. I couldn't decide if I am willing to have it or not. But I did it!
  22. Alpro soy yoghurt, muesli, banana, raspberries and blackcurrants that I warmed up in the microwave. Coffee and orange juice too, of course. :D I added more muesli this time, though I kept thinking how Weetabix had less calories. But I managed. And it tasted really good. Honestly, this kind of yoghurt bowl is totally my new obsession. :D I love it!
  23. Porridge with strawberries and Biscoff. Coffee and orange juice. This was soooo goooood. I tried Biscoff on its own as well and it was super tasty, I can't even explain. :D At the same time it was a bit stange in the porridge and it was scary as hell. But nommm, I am going to have so much of it. I forgot a banana, but it was sweet enough. :D Honestly, recommend. I am waiting to have it on toast as well.
  24. Porridge with blueberries and Biscoff, OJ and coffee. Really nom. I added more Biscoff than yesterday. I am addicted. :D
  25. Cocodeli yoghurt with mango and passionfruit, muesli, blueberries, mango and a banana. OJ and coffee. It was quite difficult because this yoghurt has sooo manyyy calories. But it was really good. I never thought I would enjoy something as much as porridge. :D
  26. Homemade bread with Violife cheddar spread, pack of cherry tomatoes and toast with Biscoff. Orange juice and coffee. It was something completely different for a change. But I still prefer to have only sweet stuff in the morning. :D But yes, I could finally try Biscoff on toast! It goes better with porridge, if I am honest. With the Violife spread, I was really annoyed. I wanted to use it up and added a LOT of it and then I had so much guilt. Yep. From this small thing.
  27. I couldn't decide on what to have - muesli with yoghurt or porrige - and made a poll on Instagram. Yoghurt bowl was the winner. So I added muesli, banana, raspberries and blueberries. It was super nice this morning. I enjoy muesli more and more and can have a good amount of it. I feel like this is becoming more and more normal. I had orange juice and coffee on the side, no morning starts without.
  28. Exactly the same thing I had yesterday, because I was so sleepy and wanted to have something quick. :D
  29. Porridge with strawberries and Biscoff, orange juice and coffee. God, it feels like I haven't had porridge in a really long time. :D So it was nice for a change. Tomorrow I am thinking of making pancakes, but we shall see.
  30. Porridge with blueberries and Biscoff, juice and coffee, as always. But I would have wanted some yoghurt to be honest.
  31. Soy yoghurt with blueberries, mango, banana and muesli. Coffee and juice. I actually felt really nauseous and weird in the morning and I planned to skip it, but as I promised to do this challenge, I still had brekkie.
I had a lot of simila things, but it was a big change for me. Really, I didn't think I wil lever have something that is not porridge. But things have changed.

There were morning where I didn't want to have any food, because I felt really guilty from the previous day. Or I couldn't decide on what to have. This challenge made me eat properly though, and made me discover new things. Now I am already planning to have some other kind of foods, like I got some new oat yoghurts I am yet to try, and I also want to make pancakes finally.

I won't be writing down February breakfasts, but I will try and post on Instagram. This month I am documenting my dinners and I will try and make different things. So it would be more exciting for both me and you. I will also be sharing those on Instagram.

Is this kind of collage with pictures good or would you like to see some meals separately? :D Also in general I really enjoy these kinf or posts of other people food. Anyway, I hope this is motivating and gives you some ideas for breakfasts. :D And I am really glad I am having juice again, as liquid calories is a big big fear.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe