Restaurant review / burger

1:39:00 AM

As it was my sister's birthday on 31st of August, we needed to celebrate it. For that, in the morning I booked us a table at F-Hoone. I have been there a few times before and the menu seemed really good, something for the both of us.

Atmosphere

We were super lucky! We got a separated table by the window and I have been wanting to be seated there from the first time I visited this restaurant. :D Finally it happened. We made ourselves look pretty - it was a birthday! - and getting to our table, we were pleasantly surprised.

F-Hoone was full of people as almist always. Even though it was Monday evening at 18:30. :D Anyway, I am glad they are doing well. The rooms there are big and made by bricks, but people's chat can't really be heard and it is like a nice white noise. :D

Menu is also really good, and I especally liked that it had vegetarian and vegan options brought out separately. And it has a wide selection of drinks. Actually, picking a drink took us the longest. :D


Look at this pretty cocktail!

Service

Our server was a really nice girl! Honestly, it was really nice and a lot different from our last dinner out. :D 

Anyway, we managed to pick out meals, but picking drinks was really difficult. She came to ask at the right time, if we have decided, and also gave out good suggestions. Finally we did pick according to her suggestions and we were not disappinted. And I really liked that she didn't come to our table too often to ask, if everything was okay. In the end, yes, but not constantly while we were eating. :D This has happened before.

So yeah, the service was really good.

Food

For food, my sister picked Nasi Goreng, meaning Indonesian fried rice with chicken and I took Vegan Furger (rye bread bun with vegan kebab, beetroot hummus, prsley-chilliaioli, tomato and red onion. With additional sweet potato fries).

Honestly I haven't had such a giid meal in a while. My sister was also please with her selection, but the thing I had!!! This kebab was so real, even my sister was like, is this actually vegan. :D Anyway, it was also quite big of a challenge at the same time.

I have been thinking for a while that I want to go to a restaurant and have a burger. I have always been jealous of people who have just done it. I have always thought that this is not meant for me. But why? I have no idea. It is allowed! It doesn't matter that it had hummus. It doesn't matter it had deep fried sweet potato fries (they were amazing!), it doesn't matter that it had roasted onion on top. This all was so good together and I was really pleased. I got full enough, but not too much. Everything was enough and the combination of foods perfect. Honestly, I really recommend this to both vegans, vegetarians and meat eaters. You won't regret it.

I don't know if the fact that for burger buns were of rye bread made it easier or tougher... honestly, I think it made it more difficult. White bread or normal burger buns are usually lighter and have less calories than bread. (Honestly I wish I didn't know this, but I do...) So yeah, a challenge.

But on this day I was very good and had all of my meals and snacks and didn't pass on anything. Which is huge for me. I really wanted to skip something, but I didn't do it. I send pictures my sister as well, like see, this is my morning snack (chocolate), this is my lunch and this is my lunch snack (also chocolate).

Then we also wanted to have something to drink and we really thought about everything from cider to lemonade to beer and wine and cocktails. Our waitress recommended two cocktails: Chilli Queen (which my sister picked and that had hibiskus gin, rose lemonade, chilli syrup, lemon juice and basil) and Rosebud (which had Crafter's gin, rose lemonade, thyme, rosebuds and lime juice. I asked them to skip the thyme as I have a trauma from it. :D).

We picked two different drinks so we could try more stuff. I think I liked the one my sister got more - as the time passed, it became more spicy and it was really interesting. Anyway, I highly recommend those. Other cocktails in the list seemed interesting as well, but as I am gin fan, I was pleased. My sister was also happy with our selections.

Recently it seems that we have been out for food quite often, but it happens. I want to try more places. List is long, and I do have time, but I feel bad for spending so much. :D In reality I would like this blog to just be reviews of restaurants.

Also, at one point I watched some youtuber with an eating disorder and she talked about how she got better. She said that during the most difficult time, she always ate out. Just to take this load of deciding about how much to have away. Also she said she always ate everything that she ordered, which I also do. Because if I leave something once, I get this feeling that the next time I need to leave more or the same amount and so on. That is why I never make food for 2 days at home as well. Because I don't know how much I would have to leave for the next day and so on. It makes me stressed. What if I want to have more food today? Then there is not enough for tomorrow. What will I add to it then? Also it is good to eat out because the portions are usually bigger than I would get for myself and I need to eat more to gain weight. So win-win.

So, who wants to go and eat something with me?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe