Surprise + no spend challenge

12:24:00 AM

I was really lucky last week! On Friday, a courier called me and told me that they are bringing me a parcel from Globus Estonia, which meant I got a ton of canned goods, like corn, beans etc. Which I can now use during this week! It was such a nice surprise. I got another gift from them when I was at the hospital so this is why they had my address.

IMG_20200403_130345_574

I am going to make chilli soon now, I haven't made it in a while.

IMG_20200406_081742_174

There is also a challenge - use 5 ingredients and make quarantine food. I challenge you all.

But anyway, I spent no money during the week again.

Monday

For breakfast I had porridge, for lunch I had soup and for dinner I made something that took more time, Japanese curry. :D I opened the curry cubes and now to use them up. Besides, now that I have used a proper amount of seasoning, it tastes a whole lot better. Also it showed me that at first something may be difficult, but it will become easier. Once it is in, it's in.

Tuesday

Breakfast and lunch were the same again, but for dinner I made gourmet dish - dumplings. :D I don't know, they used to be this kind of food that you made when you literally had nothing else, but now it has changed into luxury. :D The only thing I am upset about is that vegan dumplings are so much more expensive than meat ones. Why?! I really love these vegetable gyozas, but yeah. Expensive! I don't understand.

Wednesday

For dinner I made oven baked fries and beetroot burger with salad. I really like making my own fries, they are a lot better than store ones. Also you can add your own seasoning, I love rosemary and salt combo a lot. I never use this general "fries" seasoning. Well, maybe sometimes, but still rarely.  And beetrood patties are my favourite vegan burgers I think. Even though most of them are good. I am talking about store bought ones as I suck at making them myself.  Globus Estonia sent me some canned beetroot though, maybe I should try and make them myself?

Thursday

I used this one meatless Tuesday recipe and made Maroccan style lentil-sweet potato stew, and we got leftovers so we also had it on Saturday. It came out perfect! I served it with basmati rice. I also discovered that basmati rice... smells different than normal one? :D Dunno, can't really explain it.

IMG_20200402_191231_637

This was probably my favourite meal of the week! If you want the recipe, let me know and I can translate it.

Friday

I made salmon burgers with salad and pickled cucumbers. I know, a weird combo. :D At first I wanted to make something like fish and chips, but it turned into this. I also thought that I haven't had any fish in a while, so why not make this. Quick and easy as I bought store-made fish patties. It tasted okay, not as good as I hoped, but it was still fine. Food doesn't have to be perfect. It is still difficult for me to deal with these situations though, it brings up a lot of guilt.

I also baked some more bread on Friday, which was just as good as I remembered. :D I still haven't made proper bread, but I hope to find time for this as well (with the starter). Ideally I would love to make something as good as this handmade bread shop makes. :D Yumm, I kind of want it now. Maybe I should go and buy some awesome bread?

IMG_20200403_133108_518

Saturday

For lunch I had bread with hummus. I looooove hummus so much. I used to never appreciate it enoug, but now I have become a huge fan.

IMG_20200404_184845_956

For dinner we had more of this lentil-sweet potato stew with rice. And alsmo me and my sister decided to take some time off from everyday and have a snack and some wine. This was a huge challenge for me.

Not on the same day but on the next, I had so much guilt and it was difficult to think of something else. I really felt like restricting, but I didn't do this. I had 3 proper meals and also snacks. Now it is already Monday but I still have some guilty feleings in my head... I need to tell myself that I ENJOYED Saturday and this counts. Food is not a punishment and not eating is not something to cheer for. It is important to eat normally and regularly, as if nothing had happened. I can't live my life in this rhytm for forever. I can't have breakfast at 7, snack at 11, lunch at 13 and so on for the rest of my life. Real life doesn't follow the time. There are moments where I may have something out of the ordinary in real life. Food is to be enjoyed. I can express it well - why can't I just understand?!

Sunday

For lunch I again had homemade bread with hummus. And bread was gone. What a sad day.

I don't know why, but my sister really loves vegetable wok with egg noodles and well, I think it is pretty good as well. So I made some wok with teriyaki sauce and I think it was quite good. Really easy and fast.

So I wrote down things for seven days instead of five, as I had everything for it. On Saturday I still went to the store to get stuff for the next week. I know it is necessary, but it was really weird to queue outside of the store.

I have been avoiding reading the news on the weekend so I have been feeling really calm and nice. Instead of corona news I would like to listen to something good. I want to read happy news and nice articles. I just want to hide form this pandemic. Can't wait until it is over... I have a holiday from work in May, but I don't think this situation is over by then. I really wanted to go to Oslo, but I am afraid this is not going to happen. Really sad about it. I am thinking of maybe changing my holiday time... we shall see. I really could use some rest though. I don't know, working from home is so much more tiring than being at the office.

It is difficult to stay indoors all the itme. I still go out for walks, but it is not that. I want to DO something. I thought of starting yoga classes when I got back from Japan, but then this pandemic started. I know I could do yoga at home, following videos (hey, I had a yoga challenge here in my blog), but I just don't like following videos at all. I want to do it with real people and teacher.

I also really would like to start running again, but I am not allowed to, due to my weight. I need to gain at least 5 more kilos to do it. I just want to wake up overnight and be at this weight.

Anyway, what else... I gave my best friend and family some eating disorder related questions I would like them to answer to. I will share it on my next post. I think it is an interesting read to myself as well.

Also, if there are any challenges or ideas what I should do, please let me know. I am open to everything. I think about maybe having this "how many calories I eat per day" post at one point. It is a bit difficult though, like with homemade bread - I don't know how many calories it has. :D Anyway, I will try it at some point.

I think this is enough for today. Stay healthy!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe