Eating only yellow food for 24 hours...

11:32:00 PM

I have been thinking about this challenge for a looong time. :D Now finally in this self isolation I thought I could do it. Besides I posted it to Instagram as a poll and quite a lot of people seemed to be interested in it. So I thought long and hard about all the yellow foods available. Maybe it wasn't all that yellow, but it was... yellow-ish. This counts, right? Anyway, I could do it with another colour, would be interesting.

I kept going between yellow and green, but finally I thought I have more yellow things and I couldn't go shopping, so I decided upon this. I have used the word "yellow" so much in this post already, that it doesn't even feel like a word anymore. :D

Breakfast

This was quite easy. Of course I couldn't give up on my regular porridge, but I still switched it up a little. I made rice porridge with banana, mango and coconut. It was really good, even though I still somewhat missed oats. :D What can I do, I am a fan. But at the same time this meal looked great and made my morning very bright.

IMG_20200421_071611_401

For a snack I had a lot of rice crackers with caramel. :D They were very yellow. And really good. The addiction is real. :D

IMG_20200423_110125_997

Lunch

For lunch I took some homemade bread and my homemade hummus. It was soo good. I really like this bread recipe and it was really nice to toast the slices before having it.

IMG_20200419_134449_779

Maybe this doesn't seem like enough food, but talking abou this recipe - it is very thick and moist and "hard", so it is really filling. Also my sister had the same thing as lunch, and her eating habits are normal, so I think this was also okay for me. :D I try and learn some food aspects from people around me.

For a snack I had Estonian dessert named kohuke, with toffee flavour. The glaze on it is quite orage, but still close enough for yellow (this is the only thing I don't have a photo of, sorry. :D)

Dinner

This time I made jacket potato with cheese and chickpeas in curry sauce. (Also I have to admit I had some pickles and a lot of cottage cheese with tomato and cucumber and mushrooms on the side.) I think this is not sticking to the challenge, but I don't want my eating disorder to grow stronger. It would have been so easy to say that ah, I can't have anything else because it is not yellow. So instead I decided to have more food on the side and be honest about it.

IMG_20200421_191802_550

And for the night snack we had some melon! Pomelo season seems to be over and this seems to start, so it was a really nice fresh snack.

IMG_20200419_192841_956

I thought a lot about different snacks I could have had - smoothies and all that stuff, but it is quarantine so going to the store - I try to keep it minimal. So it was this kind of post for today.

 Which coulour challenge would be the most difficult? I think I could also do green, red and purple. Others would be too difficult... :D Maybe some pink-ish purple-ish would be okay too.

I have been watching these kind of videos on youtube, so that is where I got the inspiration. I hope this was somewhat interesting or at least fun to read. :D

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe