Things not to do in self isolation

1:03:00 AM

I think I will make another week of not spending and will probably write about it. On the weekend I went to do some food shopping (and I even wore a mask) and bought everything I needed for a week. I got this really cool notebook from a friend, it is a bit like bullet journal, but you don't have to design it yourself. I have all of my designing things at work, so I started using this instead. Anyway, there are pages to plan out weekly meals so I started to work on it. I can say in advance that it was 35 euros to buy everything I need, which is pretty good. Also some of the stuff even lasts longer (like rice and porridge oats).

IMG_20200327_141011_563

I thought for a long time what to write about today. Then someone recommended to write about 10 things to waste your time on during the isolation. I put it under my own spin and decided to write about what NOT to do in isolation. Besides, I wrote about what to do previously.

So...

  1. Have a party - I don't think this needs an explanation. We need to be isolated. If you really need to have a party, have a face chat with friends and drink some wine. :D I have done it one time, without the wine though. You can see other people and talk for a bit, it really makes a difference.
  2. Go shopping - currently most of the stores are not even open any more, so yeah. But out of boredom, you may find even food shopping interesting. I just want to say that this is currently not the best idea. I have had some arguments with myself abou going to the stores - I keep thinking I want this and that, literally only the things I don't have at home.
  3. Reading news - don't get me wrong, it is important to keep up with what is happening in the world. But checking the news in every five minutes can bring a lot of anxiety and ruin your day. Take only one moment a day where you check the news.
  4. Invite friends over - this goes with having a party. But even having a few friends or just one friend over, should be postponed. And you shouldn't visit others as well. That's the thing - a lot of people don't have symptoms but they may actually be sick.You may make other people sick. At first I took this Corona thing with ease, but recently the reality has hit me. And better safe than sorry!
  5. Go to work - this is mostly for office people, because a lot of people don't even have a job anymore. Or they are just temporarily closed. I have a possibility to go to the office, but it is recommended that I don't. If you can, stay at home.
  6. Take a walk in crowded places - walking and spending time outside are important. You could go mad indoors. But at the same time it is importanto to keep the distance while outside, it is not the best idea to go to nature if every other people has thought to do the same. Instead you could visit an old town - my friend just told me that there were basically no people when she went there. I have been walking around near my home - I only see people with baby carriages or dogs going around.
  7. Go travelling - at the moment it is impossible, but I thought I'd bring this out still. I was really annoyed when learning that people who were coming back from a vacation, would go around, visit stores and friends insteag of staying in quarantine. When I came home from Japan, I sat at home for 2 weeks, even though a chance of being sick was really small.
Instead of this there are so many things to do. For example yesterday I called my Grandma and asked how she is doing. We talked for like half an hour. I also saw on Facebook that there was "call your grandparents" day, so that's how I got the idea. And even without a specific day it is nice to call them.

In addition to this I have done many more things I wrote down previously - writing, reading, solving sudokus, cooked, watched videos and series, watched and sorted pictures, walking around and so on and so on.

This week I want to bake bread again. I am thinking of using the same recipe as last time... or should I try something new? One of the places that has a lot of cool recipes is this: yummly. I have already bookmarked some rye bread recipes in there. :D

For my next post I am thinking about writing my eating disorder again... and also I will make the post about how many calories per day I eat. I am thinking of posting it though, it may be triggering to someone and I don't want that.

Anyway, hope you are all well and good luck!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe