From Sõrve to Narva it is our land / how I look currently

6:13:00 AM

NB! This post has a lot of pictures. If this is triggering to you in any way, I recommend skipping reading this!!!!!

As I have a vacation from work, my mum and sister decided to go on a little road trip as we do every year. Last year we went to Ida-Virumaa and Narva, this year we went to some islands. I thought I would blog about it, so it would be nice to look back to it. I will make a separate post about foods and eating and describing how I felt regarding it, but here I wanted to write a little about this trip. Maybe someone finds some good recommendations about what to do. :D A lot of my friends have been on islands or are going soon, Instagram stories are full of these posts. :D

Anyway, on Tuesday morning we went to port and firstly went to Muhu. Our first stop was ostrich farm, which I really recommend checking out. It had a lot of exotic animals, but ostriches were the coolest. :D Anyway, there were also zebras, kangaroos, emus, alpacas and some ponies and one rabbit.



He really wanted to grab my yellow watch, he literally picked at it with his peak. We could also feed them some corn, they really like colourful things. Ostriches are AWESOME, honestly. They can run 70 km/h for half an hour and kick with their feet on the power of 200 kgs, These at the park were one year old and they are HUGE. We also could touch their necks - it feels soft, but actually isn't at all. Anyway, really cool animals. :D

Zebras were cool as well. They are black with white stripes, not the other way around! 

When we were petting alpacas, there was a funny moment. Some people were there with a little dog and an alpaca really wanted to look at the dog. :D And I was posing all nicely, but covered his view. And then hi BIT MY SHOULDER. :D This was absurd and funny and startling, my mum even got a picture at the right moment. :D 


Right aften an alpaca attack. :D

Our next stop was at handmade ice cream shop where we tried a lot of different flavours. And then we went to Muhu adventure park!

At first we had thought that we will buy tickets for the whole park, but once we were there, we decided to go on only half the tracks. And it was a good decision, as it took us around 3 hours to complete them. I randomly saw a friend there, who also took some pictures. Nice to look back at them. Anyway, even to my own surprise, I had more strength and energy than I expeced and I completed the tracks quite fast. I think this is one of my favourite adventure parks where I have been. It wasn't too difficult and everything worked well. :D

After that we drove to Saaremaa and... I don't een remember, I think we went to the hotel and did a check in. Aaaah, before that we stopped at Kaali crater. It was a bit disappointing when I was there last summer, I kind of expected something... bigger. But it was just a little pond. :D But it was nice to see my sister's reaction who really liked it there.

After the stop at the hotel, we continued to Sõrve, to see a lighthouse there and walk to the end by the seaside. It was really windy, but it was also truly beautiful. I would totally go there again if I had a chance. One of my favourite places in Saaremaa, definitely.

Then we went back to Kuressaare and got ready to go and eat out. And after this we walked around for a little, just looked at houses and then finally went back to the hotel. We were awake for some time, just planned out the next day and talked. Then we went to sleep and the next day started.

There was a ferry we had to take to Hiiumaa at 13:30, but before that we wanted to visit the castle. It appeared that there was old information on their homepage and we couldn't go inside until 11. We decided to skip this and just looked around. But there was some time left so instead on the way to the port we stopped at windmill mountain where there were tons of windmills. This was quite fun.

I would have loved to see Panga bank, but we didn't have time for it. Another reason to go back...

Anyway, then we got on a ferry to Hiiumaa.

First stop was Kõpu lighthouse, which was really scary. :D It was super windy as well. :D But I really liked it. I like high places a lot. This is why I always take people to TV tower when they visit me in Tallinn.

Our next stop was wooden copy of Eiffel tower. It was... an experience. The tower was so flimsy that we were too scared to climb to the top. And around it, oh boy. It was a mess. So many things, so many little houses, so many things to fo. It kind of felt as if we had stepped into some surreal world. I can't even describe it, it made no sense. :D But at the same time it was cool, something really different.


At this moment I was thinking that why the heck did I do it. :D The wooden thingy was shaky and I was 100% sure I will fall into water. :D All of the people around us stopped what they were doing to look at me and hold their breaths. :D

After this surreal stop we went to see Tahkuna lighthouse, where there was also memorial for children who died in Estonia cruise ship accident. It was super sad, but really beautiful. This is how every memorial should be!

It was really windy, but it wasn't raining at least, as the forecast had said.

Our last stop in Hiiumaa was Kaibald's desert, which I really wanted to see. My friend told me about this, and I think it was totally worth it. We walked through a forest and then ended up in real desert! It was so different and weird and made no sense again. But really cool! I would have loved to walk around there for a little longer, but we didn't have much time left.

After these small stops we went to have some dinner and then it was time to get on a ferry back to mainland. At first we felt that there was not much to do on the islands, but we realised that we could have used one more day there. We went to main tourist attractions, but there were a lot of small places we missed. And we have been thinking that it would be nice to go again. :D

So this is very different post to my regular ones, but I wanted to write it down. At the same time I didn't want to talk much about eating, because oh boy, there will be a whole post about it. But for a second I wanted to mention how crookedly I see myself. This is fucked up.

At home and later looking at the picture I was like, ew, it is disgusting. At the same time when I don't see myself, I still feel like I am 75 kgs like I used to be on my heaviest days. My mind just doesn't connect my current look with what it actually is. I just... don't understand. So in some way it is good when I get my picture taken, but at the same time I don't even want to post these pictures. Because they are awful.

I thought for a long time if I should post the pictures, but I don't want to hide anythig and I want to remind to myself that I am on my way to recovery and one of the steps is gaining weight. I shouldn't feel stressed about it, because every kilo makes me prettier.

Now in Viljandi I haven't had a chance to weigh myself, but I will most definitely do it once I am back in Tallinn. My deal with the friend is coming to close and I hope I have managed to succeed. It would be so nice. We are going to meet with some friends on Saturday and we can talk about how we are doing really. Then we need to also make a new deadline to continue with the agreement. 

Anyway, yeah, that's it for now.


Just walking around in Kuressaare. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe