Dear Kalev, why?

10:07:00 AM

Mesikäpp
I thought for a long time if I want to post about this, but finally I decided that yes, I want to.

I had to take some extra chocolate with my vanilla pudding. And more chocolate pieces than usually. So I was unwrapping it and saw that there is a new element on the chocolate. They have noted down that to burn calories you get from ONCE PIECE (and I usually have to take 8 pieces at once) you have to take 408 steps. Like... seriously?

Is there nothing else you could have written on the chocolate? For example that it tastes good and that it is dark chocolate, yet creamy, that every other Estonian recommends this? Literally ANYTHING else?

Because yes, chocolate is supposed to make you feel guilty. Because that is important. So that we, people affected so badly from the diet culture, would know how many steps we have to take to burn calories you get from once piece. This is healthy. This is positive.

This is awful. It is just DISGUSTING. Not to mention I cried a lot, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. I is difficult as it is. It is also difficult for many people who are suffering in silence. A lot of people don't even know they have an eating disorder.

So... why? I wish I knew who and why decided that this detail was important enough to write on chocolate packaging. Why would you ruin something good?

Yep, maybe someone who loves chocolate doesn't even notice it. Children also do not pay attention. People who do, are the ones suffering and this is not okay. I feel sad.

Is this normal, what do you think?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe